exhaust rain cover

/ exhaust rain cover #1  

Geddinight

Tractor
Bolens G192, Kubota B5100E, (2) farmall H
Does anyone use a rain cover on thier compact tractor exhaust? I have a Bolens G192 and I just put the exhaust vertical as the previous owner had made it horizontal ( he did a great homemade job). I have never noticed rain covers on the stacks of the compact tractors I have seen. I'm storing it inside, but I like the rain cover on my Farmall H.

/ exhaust rain cover #2  
A lot of people put a can over the exhaust, but I bought a cap from Tractor Supply Co (and I'm having a senior moment; can't think of the right name for it, but the flapper type that you see on some big trucks as well). Just slip it over the end of the exhaust, tighten one bolt and forget it. The exhaust pushes it open when the engine's running and the counterweight closes it when the engine isn't running. Of course, you need to measure the diameter of your exhaust pipe before going shopping because they make a wide variety of sizes. And some people don't like that type on their tractor because it tends to rattle when the engine's running.

/ exhaust rain cover #3  
I agree with Bird. That's the style on my G194 and it works great.

/ exhaust rain cover #4  
My TL2300 exhaust comes to a point on the end with a bend that has a bias that supposedly looks like it covers the exhaust......anyway.......I just use a plastic drink cup that tend to end up on the floor of the truck to cover it when I stop for the day/night..........the next time I start the engine it blows off and I remember to pick it up and put it behind the seat............YES.....it is totally necessary to do something if the unit is parked outside, as mine is........a couple of inches of water can do wonderful things to oil and steel......Dennis

/ exhaust rain cover
Thanks for the replies. My dad always uses the coffee cans and I always used to launch them. I like the rattle of the rain cover. thanks