F2110 LCG 1973 Power Steering Problem Again

/ F2110 LCG 1973 Power Steering Problem Again #1  

Jackfr

Gold Member
Tractor
NH WorkMaster 33 Ford F5000 NH T 4.90 Ford 2110 JD555B
Lost all power steering so I checked pump pressure found none replaced pump. Then it would only power to the right so I checked the pistons found one bad so replaced both now as soon as I start it it tuns hard right and you cant turn it left at all. Checked the lines to make sure they were not reversed any where all ok. I disconnected the rod ends of each cylinder and hung them with some baling twine and tried steering to get them to move, They don't move much at all, even with the throttle up turning full left and right, but I do get a stiffness/rough feeling in steering wheel with the throttle up.
Suggestions could something be stuck in steering box valve body from the cyl that went south also causing the pump to die? How to clean it out? or do I need to replace the valve body?

Thanks in advance for your help

/ F2110 LCG 1973 Power Steering Problem Again
Took Steering valve/column apart found top steering shaft bushing worn out and top steering shaft needle bearing totally gone. Replaced all bearings, seals and lock nut. steering works as it should now. We've had this tractor about 15 years and never had this apart, but by the looks of things this has been apart/repaired at least two or three times before thats why we replaced the spring washer and lock nut.