Farmtrac 300DTC questions

/ Farmtrac 300DTC questions #1  

nvip9r

Tractor
Kioti CK30
We are thinking about checking out a 2005 Farmtrac 300DTC tractor with loader. Seems to be a decent deal with a trailer. My question is are parts readily available? I've been doing a little research and noticed that alot of people own Farmtrac's and Montana replaced them but should I worry that they aren't made anymore? Any suggestions and comments would be very helpful.

We used to own a Ford 8N and had nothing but good luck with it but sold it and now thinking of upgrading.

We also wanted to check out the Bobcats...but I heard the deals have stopped today instead of at the end of August...

Thanks for any help

/ Farmtrac 300DTC questions
just a quick bump....no ideas or comments:)

/ Farmtrac 300DTC questions #3  
I have a Farmtrac 360 DTC with FEL which is a slightly larger version of what you are looking at, I love mine so far it seems to be extremly tough and it will do things that I never imagined a tractor of that size could do, mind you that it is only 3 years old and I have only put about 170 hrs on it, as far as problems I have only had 2 minor ones, clutch return spring broke and coolant resivor cap broke, both should have been covered under warranty but as you know by that time the chickens or should I say the indians had already flown the coop and farmtrac dealers and owners were left holding the bag, anyways I found a source for parts and had no trouble getting the items I needed within a few days, also these tractors were made for FT by LS out of South Korea and they have now started selling their tractors direct here in the U.S. so that should be another source for parts. I don't know the asking price of the tractor you are looking at but let's face it they have little or no re-sale value, but that could be good for you especially if you plan on keeping it, like I said I personally have had good luck with mine , let us know what you decide. Good luck.

/ Farmtrac 300DTC questions
Thanks. The one I am going to check out is in great shape by pictures. Has only like 195hours. No issues and also comes with a trailer. He is looking for like 9K for the setup. But wasn't sure if parts would be available. I think that is my only real concern. Going to check it out this week and see what happens. DO you think he is asking a little too much since Farmtrac is no longer made? Haven't found much info on them, and need to do some more research. thanks again

/ Farmtrac 300DTC questions #5  
Thanks. The one I am going to check out is in great shape by pictures. Has only like 195hours. No issues and also comes with a trailer. He is looking for like 9K for the setup. But wasn't sure if parts would be available. I think that is my only real concern. Going to check it out this week and see what happens. DO you think he is asking a little too much since Farmtrac is no longer made? Haven't found much info on them, and need to do some more research. thanks again
Parts can be bought from Montana because they bought what was left of FT, I think they re-badged the tractors that were leftover and called them Montana Limited, but they were nothing more than the leftover FT'S that they got when they bought the asset's from Tarboro N.C., in these trying times i'm sure they would be glad to help you with part's, like I stated earlier all of compact tractors from FT and Montana in the year model that you are looking at were made by LS and now that they are selling there tractors over hear under there own name I don't think parts will be a problem, as far as the price you said it included a trailer, I don't know what kind so it is hard to know what it the trailer is worth, but if it is anything at all and the tractor is in good shape it sounds like a pretty fair deal for both parties, I don't believe he would get that much for it on a trade in, just my opinion.