Farmtrac 535 rpm will not go high enough

/ Farmtrac 535 rpm will not go high enough #1  

sgtmaconga

Tractor
farmtrac 535
I am the single owner of my 535. i noticed the RPM's were not going as high as normal under a load. I thought the filter in the fuel take may have been clogged which when i tried to take the fuel valve off the fuel tank and it broke off so i had to replace the tank and valve. i put everything back together and discovered it was still doing the same thing. rpm's would not get high enough to show the battery was charging. i have been a long time reader and this form has helped me on many problems so i ask has any one had this problem and what did you find was the problem. tractor runs great other than no getting high enough rpm's.

Thanks in advance for your help.

/ Farmtrac 535 rpm will not go high enough #2  
I've not had the problem but suggest if you've not already done so to clean or replace the air filter in your quest for a solution.

/ Farmtrac 535 rpm will not go high enough #3  
Fuel filter, air cleaner, & MAKE SURE the throttle is going all the way open.. at the inj. pump..
Just because your at max travel in the seat, doesn't mean your at max travel at the inj. pump.{diesel}
Linkages wear out..

/ Farmtrac 535 rpm will not go high enough #4  
Not only does linkage wear out it gets bent and jam nuts can loosen. Linkage that pushes if it gets bent it is shorten so it can not push as far. Have a Kubota this happened with and not a noticeable bend but gentle long one not easy to notice.

/ Farmtrac 535 rpm will not go high enough #5  
How many RPMs are you getting out of it?

/ Farmtrac 535 rpm will not go high enough #7  
Mouse nest in air filter box will restrict air flow.

/ Farmtrac 535 rpm will not go high enough #8  
Plugged exhaust !!