Fast Fenceline Trimming, Vertical Mowing

/ Fast Fenceline Trimming, Vertical Mowing #1  

Gadgetnut

Silver Member
Tractor
Walker Mower MD (Kubota,) BobCat ToolCat 5600 Turbo rev. C, John Deere tractor
I'm getting more experience with my Boom Flail Mower from Skidsteer Solutions. I fully expected to use the mower to do a good job on horizontal surfaces. But now I discovered an additional, very helpful use: vertical mowing.

I have miles of roads and paths through woods, and trees and weeds are always encroaching the paths. This boom mower allows you to rotate the mowing head to any angle, including vertical, so I just drive the ToolCat along the fence line and it cleans the edge right up in 36" swipes. This is an incredible time saver.

By raising the mower's boom arm and also the ToolCat's boom, you can trim trees at about a twelve foot high level off the ground. I trimmed some tree branches over my driveway that might have scratched the top of my RV.

The ToolCat is a remarkably versatile platform-- I am very pleased that you can add a new tool like this and benefit from completely new capabilites. I feel like I have a new, different machine. I guess I do! Cheers, Gadgetnut

SANY0010.jpg

SANY0012.jpg

/ Fast Fenceline Trimming, Vertical Mowing #2  
what is the price for this unit???

looks very handy - i have 5 miles of wooded roads and my father has another 5 miles on a different property close by.

theodore

/ Fast Fenceline Trimming, Vertical Mowing
Theodore, I thought of you when I made that post, considering all the roads you maintain. The boom mower is pricey, retail $9995. They have an introductory pricing campaign, though, and units may be available at $8495 through September. Skidsteer Solutions' Boom Mower