Ferris 2019 IS2100Z deck height

/ Ferris 2019 IS2100Z deck height #1  

Siringo

Tractor
John Deere 2305
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2019 Ferris IS2100z with 61" ICD deck. I think this is a fantastic machine. I bought it to cut our pastures. We have 5 pastures of ~ 5 acres each that we rotate our horses on. The max cut height on the Ferris is 5 inches. I would like to get a couple more inches higher. Does anyone know of an after market kit or any way to modify this model to accomplish this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

/ Ferris 2019 IS2100Z deck height #2  
I don't think so. I have a Simplicity Cobalt, which is the sister to the 2100. I mowed my pasture for a couple years until I found a decent used flail. 5" was fine for me, but I don't have animals yet. Not sure how a ZT will handle manure. You can't really raise the deck as the machine frame is in the way. You would have to build a lift kit for the wheels. The front wouldn't be to hard. Add extra length to the forks. The rear would be problematic due to rear suspension and its articulation.

/ Ferris 2019 IS2100Z deck height #3  
So I went out and looked at my mower. Its an earlier version, but I presume close enough. I think you could add 2" taller tires and gain an inch in the back. You might also be able to re-drill the rear upper shock mount hole and inch lower gaining an additional inch. You would definitely need to look at how the drive mechanisms on the hydrostats articulate so you don't overtravel something. In the front, you cannot add taller tires unless you make the yokes longer, and if you do that, you don't need taller tires. :) You might be able to build a bracket that fits where the upper shock mount goes and reattach the shock 2 inches lower. You lose lots of down travel in the suspension though, so I'm not sure its a good idea.

I do not see this as a fruitful venture, however. You would be better served with a gas powered pull behind finish mower behind an ATV. The finish mower would be fairly easy to modify to a higher height if needed.

You have not said why you want a higher cutting height. Why can't you just live with 5". That is what I used to do. Heck, now I mow with a flail and the cutting height is more like 3". Works for me.

And, if you raise the mower beyond its intended height, your cut quality will suffer.

/ Ferris 2019 IS2100Z deck height #4  
The need for forage is the reason to cut higher.

No comment though on if the Ferris can be modified to cut higher.