Finally broke her back

/ Finally broke her back
California, sorry for the late reply ;) , I dropped in today for the first time since Christmas 2014. I sure did get that differential back working in early 2015 and it is still going strong. when all the parts finally arrived they where slightly different from the originals but with a few extra shims I sorted it out, I had to fly by the seat of my pants and I put it back together guessing the tolerances by trial and error. When I finally got it back together I ran the tractor in gear on blocks for about 4 hrs to let everything bed in with absolutely no load. Its been one great tractor, abused now for 20 years and still going.

/ Finally broke her back #12  
I am impressed. Particularly with your abilities but also the longevity of the tractor. Sad to say - I would have never been able to tackle a project like that.

/ Finally broke her back #13  
I’m impressed you updated the post! Nice to see a machine running and working for so long.

/ Finally broke her back #14  
Nice to see machinery last a long time

/ Finally broke her back #15  
Vin, good to hear from you! Please stick around and describe some of your tractor projects.

/ Finally broke her back #16  
BIG kudos!

Do you do a lot of loader work? (I know a guy with a small Kubota that had a bazillion hours on it doing loader work; hour meter quit a long time ago; he lost 4wd on it about a year ago.)

I've only beat my Kubota B7800 for about 10 years (put about 1,050 hrs on it, after getting it with a hard 738 hrs; my NX now gets most of the time), 1,800 hrs now. I don't think that "I" would hold up getting it to 4,000 hrs! (I operate it at lightning speed [HST], forward and backward, spinning all over the palce- it's caused a lot of stress on my neck!) I calculate that at current use my NX would hit 4,000 hrs when I'm about 100 years old! :LOL:

If only most other things lasted and worked as well as tractors.