First post intro and a couple questions

/ First post intro and a couple questions #11  
Pretty sure it’s a 2019 as they ordered it in February 2019.

/ First post intro and a couple questions #12  
Ok dealer called and said about a bypass hose to hydraulics. Told him I’m not buying it. Something in pump got to be wrong. Had it in my 70 degree shop for 24hours and still won’t move. I’m thinking as it slips it has to be damaging pump/clutch until it locks up as it still is slipping, has got to be damaging something.

Last edited:
   / First post intro and a couple questions
Ok dealer called and said about a bypass hose to hydraulics. Told him I知 not buying it. Something in pump got to be wrong. Had it in my 70 degree shop for 24hours and still won稚 move. I知 thinking as it slips it has to be damaging pump/clutch until it locks up as it still is slipping, has got to be damaging something.
I haven't found info on the Power Shuttle Shift theory of operation yet, but I have a Mahindra Service Manual for 6065/6075 OS (which I think means Open Station (as opposed to Cab version)). (This manual is dated Jan'17, and isn't entirely accurate for my 2019 tractor.)

From that service manual, I understand there is a "Power Shuttle Clutch Pack" which from the diagrams looks like a multi-plate wet clutch, a type of clutch common in motorcycles.

There is a Power Shuttle Control Valve which I assume actuates the clutch pack.
Since the shuttle lever on the steering column is just an electrial switch, there must be electro-hydraulic valves associated with the Power Shuttle Control Valve.

In the Trouble Shooting section under: "Drive not passing in F/R" (which I take to mean that drive power isn't getting through the drive line in Forward or Reverse) it suggests the following probable causes: 1)Forward/Reverse pressure not OK, 2) PTFE Seal got damaged [that's a Teflon seal], 3) Linkages or cable got damaged, 4) Control Valve blocked with some foreign material.

When my tractor is not engaging in forward (you may recall my tractor has no problem engaging in reverse at any time or temperature, the problem is only going forward) I assume that the power shuttle clutch pack is slipping. At first it won't go forward at all, then as it warms up, it will start to engage, but will start to slip again if going up a hill, or rpm's are throttled up. And yes, that's got to be bad for that clutch to be slipping like that.
Once the fluid is well warmed up the slipping stops and the tractor seems to behave normally. So, right now I am not arguing with my dealer or Manindra about the problem, but it certainly is a disappointment to me.

Your problem is much more severe, but since it is clearly the same problem as mine only worse, I am continue to be very interested in your eventual outcome.
Thanks.
Clutches are generally considered a "wear item" by manufacturers and not covered by warranty, I can see Manindra denying warranty coverage if the that clutch fails prematurely even if the premature failure was secondary to Power Shuttle problems and not operator abuse of the clutch.

Last edited:
   / First post intro and a couple questions
Ok dealer called and said about a bypass hose to hydraulics. Told him I知 not buying it. Something in pump got to be wrong. Had it in my 70 degree shop for 24hours and still won稚 move. I知 thinking as it slips it has to be damaging pump/clutch until it locks up as it still is slipping, has got to be damaging something.

Steve,
I curious if you made any progress with the problem.

I stopped by my dealer for unrelated stuff, but ended up chatting with a couple of guys (parts and sales guys I think) about my tractor power shuttle going into reverse right away at any temperature, but requiring extended warm up before forward starts to engage properly.

I immediately got a "party response" from both of them, on saying it is normal and the tractor needs extended warm up, even go so far as to say that a 30 minute warm up maybe normally required. One guy replying with the other offering enthusiastic agreement, nodding and saying "yeah, that's right".

I got the impression that they had been "schooled" in the "appropriate response" to inquiries on the subject.

How any manufacturer could suggest that a 30 minute warm up would be required and "normal" is only explained by the fact that they have an engineering problem with respect to Power Shuttle operation in colder weather and are unwilling to step up to the plate and offer a fix.
I knew when I bought a Mahindra, versus a Japanese built tractor that I would be getting more tractor for the money but a less refined one. So I'm writing my problem off as a caveat emptor experience, but will continue to try to find a "fix". That is why I am curious if you have learned anything about a fix for your tractor.

Meanwhile, I will do my civic duty by warning others that buying a Mahindra can be a hit or miss proposition.

/ First post intro and a couple questions #15  
There could be something you guys could do on the financial end- because 'the bank' might not be very happy about financing a lemon, or a defective product- but then again if Mahindra itself provided the money, it might not care.....

/ First post intro and a couple questions #16  
I was at our local Mahindra dealer today to look at some rotary mowers and thought about this thread. They said that there is nothing normal about this issue. Something is definitely wrong. Hopefully Mahindra will step up and make this right for y'all!!

/ First post intro and a couple questions #17  
I don't know about the rest of you, and your dealers; my dealer sends his mechanics to a Mahindra training center. However, it's still no guarantee of accurate diagnosis and quality repair at any shop.

/ First post intro and a couple questions #18  
Does the manual state, that the tranny fluid has to be specific for wet clutches?
Since one of you mentioned the similarity to clutch packs in a motor cycle, you know, you need special oil for that. If you fill it with generic motor oil even with the same viscosity, your clutch will be gone.
M A Y B E someting got missed at the assembly line and wrong oil was put in.

A 30 minute warm up time is rediculous. I'm done with my chores by that time when the temps are at -10F/-25C.

/ First post intro and a couple questions #19  
I just got a 2021 model 6065 4wd. It had 2.8 hours when cranked yesterday. Backed up and went to cut field. Cut for 3 hours in normal conditions and went back to shop to wash all the hood vents that were covered. Then shifted to reverse and nothing. Tried and checked everything. It will engage to go forward but nothing in reverse. It has 6 hours. Not a good start. I have a kubota 7040 that only had 2 inexpensive repairs in 15 years and 1500 hours. Waiting on Dealer to come pick it up now.

/ First post intro and a couple questions #20  
I know this post is a bit old, but would like to know the outcome of you issues!
I am looking to buy a Mahindra 6065 / 6075. I noticed that you posted: with less than 10 hours on it so far: Electro-hydraulic shuttle has been slow to engage clutch when shifting from neutral to forward or reverse. This has shown up with a few owners in cold climates. Did you get the issue resolved? If so how? I have had a Kubota L3200 for the last 10 years that has worked flawlessly. I just need a bigger tractor with greater FEL lifting and PTO hp. I live in central NH and the tractor will stay in an unheated barn. Does the 6065 have a glow plug function?

Thank you in advance,