Floor anchors

/ Floor anchors #1  

Dwellonroof

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3046r
I used to have a garage with chains in the floor that a auto body man had installed but now I have moved and would like to install some of these.
They look something like these but probably a different brand. Do any of you have any suggestions?
IMG_1450.JPG

/ Floor anchors #2  
That seems very expensive. In my situation I was new construction and able to cast several different floor "accessories". I was lucky enough to find a guy that was waiting to drive on the scales at a scrap yard and got 8 of these for scrap money, iirc about $20. For some reason I recognized what they were and used them about 12 years later.
20210620_163810.jpg

"Buske ez anchor" is cast into the top floor cover.
I've also cast a length of RR rail, up side down to weld to if needed.

/ Floor anchors
Thanks for the reply,I did find these and I’m still doing some research as to how many and how close to put them. I only have a small space so I’m thinking about 6 should be plenty.
BTW I did find these
IMG_1451.JPG

/ Floor anchors #4  
If you need an anchor between those you install, you could use a strong beam between two anchors, then anchor to the beam.

Bruce

/ Floor anchors
I wonder if I were to pour a slab outside how would one go about draining it when it rains and snow melt?? Just thinking.

/ Floor anchors #6  
I been at this a long time and havnt had a single use for any, not 1. I welded a lug to a col and used it once, could have used a beam clamp. If you are in a biz that demands them then thats a different matter but for general stuff they are a waste of effort.

/ Floor anchors #7  
Considerations for the load you are adding to the concrete in a way that concrete isn't used to. Concrete does well under compressive loads and you are adding an elastic pull to it... might require a little more thought than the average concrete guy can handle!
David from jax

/ Floor anchors #8  
Back in the 1980s in Montana a trucking company that hauled oil rigs and I worked them for had a outside pad with drill stem/pipe joints cemented in it. We used the pad to put semi truck flatbed trailers (we did this many times in the two years I worked there) that the arch had been bent flat of negative, on it lying upside down (tires up) the male end of the pipe was threaded in and chains were attached to hold the center and rear of trailer down and then a oilfield bed truck's winch and gin poles were used to pull the arch back into the trailer and strap was welded in place to retain the arch.

I don't know what prep work was done to the pad as it was pour long before I started there, but I don't think the holes were covered in the winter nor do I recall them being full of water.

I can't think of a lot of personnel uses for them, but if you can I doubt anything would be a good substitute.

/ Floor anchors #9  
Its not a huge technical problem but I just dont wake up wishing I had them. One thing nice to add is a chunk of channel imbedded with a rod,, 5/8 or better welded to it and stubbed back to the wall or weld machine area. Wire feeds like their own but stick and plasma can use a common work lead and if I know where the bench is going a pipe stubbed up for 120V. I dont care about air on the bench,, dont really want it but 120 gfci I do.
If pouring a new floor like to get some of the building wire under it if I can, saves so much work compared to hanging it all. Some it can be done for air also. I have inch water also but I am heated.

/ Floor anchors #10  
SLOPE YOUR FLOOR SO WATER RUNS
AWAY FROM IT!
To add one when pouring the floor you can
use a angle iron bolted to a chain and have
the chain in a coffee can or something like it
this way it will be out of the way when not needed

willy