For what its worth

/ For what its worth #1  

macdoesit

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi MT 2801fd Loader
If your FEL is slow, take the boot off the joystick and check that all allen bolts at the base of joystick are tight.
My bucket down tilt got from slow to not working, I finally took the boot off and one allen bolt had backed off 1\2 inch, it was not letting the joystick engage the tilt down valve, to much slack, tightened it and all is well again.
Thought I would mention this as I almost ordered another valve and would have probably replaced without taking the boot off the old one. :cry:

/ For what its worth #2  
(y)

/ For what its worth #3  
Couple of years ago - based upon a TBN post - I checked under the rubber boot to grease things. I found a couple of the bolts were loose. I added LokTite and nothing has moved since.

/ For what its worth #4  
If your FEL is slow, take the boot off the joystick and check that all allen bolts at the base of joystick are tight.
My bucket down tilt got from slow to not working, I finally took the boot off and one allen bolt had backed off 1\2 inch, it was not letting the joystick engage the tilt down valve, to much slack, tightened it and all is well again.
Thought I would mention this as I almost ordered another valve and would have probably replaced without taking the boot off the old one. :cry:

Whew. You saved a few hundred dollars. :)