Ford 1700 w/ loader + post augur pricing?

/ Ford 1700 w/ loader + post augur pricing? #1  

Vrenlos

Tractor
Looking to buy first!
Hi all!

I'm considering a local 1985 Ford 1700 w/ loader and augur and 1300 hours as a first tractor for my 10 acre plot that needs some light clearing and maintenance. I'm just completely lost on what reasonable pricing is these days - any inputs?

Thanks a million!

/ Ford 1700 w/ loader + post augur pricing? #2  
I sold my 1980 Ford 1900 4wd with a 72" finish mower 2 years ago for $5500. It was 40 years old. Seemed good to me. (no loader)

/ Ford 1700 w/ loader + post augur pricing? #3  
I bought my 1715 with loader for $8500 four and a half years ago when it showed on CL I called immediately, At that time anything that had a loader and appeared to be in decent shape was $10,000 + and they were few and far between. You didn't mention whether the 1700 was a 4x2 or a 4x4 tractor that would be a big factor. The post hole digger is not much of a factor in price. Right now in my area an older 4x4 tractor with loader are about as scarce as hen's teeth,

/ Ford 1700 w/ loader + post augur pricing? #4  
Bought my 1900 about 3 years ago for $8000. 4 Wheel drive, loader, and backhoe. It runs but am going through all the things that have been neglected over the years. Wanted a motor with more HP but the price would have been out of my range in this part of the country.

/ Ford 1700 w/ loader + post augur pricing? #5  
Jeff is going to pop up and mention that you need to put your location in your profile. Which, for a question like this is important. Up here in the Northeast, good used tractors with loaders and 4x4 are hard to find and command a premium. Higher prices than other areas.

Jump onto Tractor House to see what the current auction market looks like and compare to the seller's price. I see two (4x4 with loaders) in Illinois for $5,900 and $8,250 respectively.

/ Ford 1700 w/ loader + post augur pricing? #6  
Jeff is going to pop up and mention that you need to put your location in your profile.
If you were addressing me thank you, just did it. Must have slipped my mind when registering. If not......needed doing anyway.