Ford 1715 Value?

/ Ford 1715 Value? #1  

tomato coupe

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L45, Kubota B2650, Ford 1715
The wife says we have to cull the herd, so I'm going to sell my Ford 1715. 1996, 4WD, loader, about 400 hours. Good overall condition with a new clutch installed. Any opinions on a reasonable asking price?

/ Ford 1715 Value? #2  
First of all, I'd be remiss if I didn't say that you will probably regret selling such a low hour machine.

Prices are somewhat regional.

Around here, that machine would be worth around 9500 to 10 grand - assuming it has been stored inside for the last 20 years. You might see 11k from the right guy on the right day. I'd ask about 11 or 11,500 and see what happens.

Ford 1715 is a good tractor. Post some pics if you can. Your 'good condition' might be someone else's 'like new'.

/ Ford 1715 Value?
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I might regret selling a 400 hr. tractor -- but it's better than selling one of my Kubotas, which have only 10 hrs. and 150 hrs.

/ Ford 1715 Value? #4  
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I might regret selling a 400 hr. tractor -- but it's better than selling one of my Kubotas, which have only 10 hrs. and 150 hrs.

Maybe keep the tractors and sell the wife? :laughing:

/ Ford 1715 Value? #6  
I started with 1, a Farmall A, or B, about 16 hp 40 years ago this Sept.. Never was a BTO but after retiring from my city job wound up with 7. Traded off some when I bought the 6530 and was running cows at the time. Then I decided I didn't want to be in the corral with 3000 bull any longer, sold off the herd and settled on haying. I am a 1 man operation and it didn't take long to realize that to do hay alone, with lots of variables, you really need multiple tractors connected to the required implements...otherwise you spend all your time loading and unloading.....and the one tractor may not be right for all the requirements.

So you see where I am today. Keep it. It's not hurting anything.