Backhoe Ford 555 backhoe transmission problem

/ Ford 555 backhoe transmission problem #11  
'C' series intruduced electronic controls for the 4x4 PRT. All prior versions used completely mechanically controlled valving.

Low voltage to the R solenoid with the solenoid connected or disconnected? If connected, suspect a solenoid coil partially failed.

Rick,
I followed the service manual instruction by having everything connected and measured the voltage at the test terminal located on the back of the control modulator over a period of 6 seconds.

It was working fine before I washed the hornet nests out.
I went so far as to remove, inspect, repair and reinstall the entire engine harness.
Should have gone further and removed the solenoid to test it. It just really sucks having to remove that fuel tank whenever I need to work in that area. But that's just me whining.

Thanks for the advice, Sir! Looks like I'll be digging back into it tomorrow.

/ Ford 555 backhoe transmission problem #12  
And just for a follow up... I tore into it today, all the way down to the solenoid (control valve). Inspected the spools and electromagnets. Reassembled everything, and it still didn't work... until I rechecked the friggin forward/neutral/reverse switch wiring. Had 2 wires reversed...

Yeah, I get to wear the crown for awhile. At least I finally fixed it and know beyond any doubt that it is back to factory specs.

/ Ford 555 backhoe transmission problem #14  
I have a 555 f backhoe it’s leaking fluid from the torque converter so bad I can’t drive the machine. Just purchased it . So I don’t know if it pulls. Any suggestions on some younger shooting before I go in replace the seals?