Buying Advice Ford 8000 Cab & Air

/ Ford 8000 Cab & Air #1  

rflory

Tractor
New Holland TN70A, Ford 7000
I have started the search for another tractor. I currently have a TN70A that I use for Loader work etc, but I am looking to get a second tractor for plowing and shredding.

That being said, I have found a Ford 8000 Cab tractor at a local dealer. They just took it in on trade from the second owner who had it for 40 years. Per the dealer it has been in for regular maintenance and has 5500 actual hours per the dealer. No loader and the AC will be operational when they sell it. He has quoted a price of $15,000 which seems high for that old of a machine. But the thing does seem to be in really good shape.

So, does anyone have any input on these machines? What about the AC on a tractor that old. Is it realistic to think they can repair it and have it keep working?

Thanks for any input.

/ Ford 8000 Cab & Air #3  
$15 K sounds too high to me also. AC on my Ford 6700 works good with out much trouble. Would you consider a JD 4440 as my friend has one for sale?

/ Ford 8000 Cab & Air
I am considering anything at this point. Just cannot really justify spending too much. Was just really impressed with how clean and original this one was. I tend to not like the fresh painted ones as I worry they are trying to hide something.... The 4440s I see are typically more expensive....

/ Ford 8000 Cab & Air #6  
When the highest priced machine of that model on Tractor House is under $9K, you know $15K is way too high.

/ Ford 8000 Cab & Air #7  
way way way too high.

I see 8k's go for 2500-6000$

for 7-9K you can get a 7610S maybee even 4wd

/ Ford 8000 Cab & Air #8  
I am considering anything at this point. Just cannot really justify spending too much. Was just really impressed with how clean and original this one was. I tend to not like the fresh painted ones as I worry they are trying to hide something.... The 4440s I see are typically more expensive....

The 4440 my friend has isn't the cleanest 4440 around but it's a one owner(local farmer) cab/loader tractor for $18,000