Ford 861 wiring issue

/ Ford 861 wiring issue #1  

chbarnha

Tractor
Ford 861
Hello all, this is my first post and I’m here because I am having issues with a the ford 861 I recently acquired. I was running the tractor the other day and cut it off to grab a beverage. When I went to start it it would do nothing. I cut the key off and the tractor started attempting to start on its own. Which lead me to believe the starter solenoid had gone bad. I replaced the solenoid but have run into another issue. On the post that goes from the solenoid to the positive battery terminal there are three wires. The positive cable, the wire that goes to the b post on the voltage regulator and a third wire.... this wire is bare and I can’t for the life of me figure out where it goes. I have the diagrams and all but I still can’t figure it out. Any pics or insight would be helpful. I’m lost, I can’t find a wire missing anywhere and I still have no power. The indicator light for the key switch is operating properly but that’s all I have IMG_5750.JPG

/ Ford 861 wiring issue #2  
it probably goes to the battery side of the solenoid for power to the non operating circuits. try that.

/ Ford 861 wiring issue
That is what it’s hooked
Up to, the battery side of the solenoid. I’m trying to
Figure out where the other end goes.

/ Ford 861 wiring issue #4  
That is what it’s hooked
Up to, the battery side of the solenoid. I’m trying to
Figure out where the other end goes.

trace it back, one wire has to go to the alternator to charge the battery, and another wire has to go to the fuse block to power the circuits..