Front 3 point hitch modification and help needed

/ Front 3 point hitch modification and help needed #11  
Without the rockshaft it can still lift cockeyed. I have only owned 4 tractors with 3 point hitches but all had something connecting the arms. When one arm is manually picked up to hook an implement the other one rises as well.

/ Front 3 point hitch modification and help needed
Ok, I am going to build a rock shaft. Nothing that I am going to put on the front will be all that heavy. The other item I would like to get is a PTO powered trash sweeper for cleaning the rows in my orchard. That is probably going to be next years build.

/ Front 3 point hitch modification and help needed #13  
Since you are not going to be lifting real heavy attachments, something like this should work and you won't have to change the hydraulic cylinder mount.

One or both of the lift links (white lines in drawing) need to be adjustable:

rockshaft.jpeg

The rockshaft is the red line.

/ Front 3 point hitch modification and help needed #14  
This is a Cat 0 that I built many years ago:

P2220015.JPG
P2220019.JPG

Note the mechanical float built into the rockshaft. Put the pins in the holes for down pressure:

P2220021.JPG
P2220022.JPG

/ Front 3 point hitch modification and help needed #15  
Xfaxman hit the nail right on the head. The way you have it previously, whichever side is heaviest stays down.
David from jax

/ Front 3 point hitch modification and help needed #16  
Another option is to use 2 independent hydraulic cylinders, one on each arm and 2 SCVs to control them. Then you can tilt your mower and avoid all the extra linkage associated with a rock shaft. Guess it depends if you're more comfortable fabricating or plumbing.

/ Front 3 point hitch modification and help needed #17  
Yup I agree with the others. You need to lock both sides together, like a rock shaft does. Leave the lower link arms free from each other so you can adjust for level. What did you end up with for a gear box?

/ Front 3 point hitch modification and help needed #18  
Since you are not going to be lifting real heavy attachments, something like this should work and you won't have to change the hydraulic cylinder mount.

One or both of the lift links (white lines in drawing) need to be adjustable:

View attachment 681650

The rockshaft is the red line.

Agree at present you are inly lifting the one lower lift arm. Again as long as nothing is very heavy, the rock shaft concept should fit the build and need. Remember to have the red lines as depicted able to pivot and the white lines in the photos able to pivot at both ends. The angles of the white lines will change as the lower arms are lifted and the rear line of the reds lines must have a rotation means included. Probably obvious to most, but it is the details that bite your bottom.