Front PTO axle Troubles On G1800S

/ Front PTO axle Troubles On G1800S #1  

JordanK

Tractor
G1800S
(My first post)

I've finally found out that there is a grease fitting on the front PTO axle on my G1800S but it is too late :(. Every time I turn the PTO shaft it squeals at a certain spot and is really hard to turn, the mower itself struggles to drive it and is inconsistent at turning it. I'm pretty sure one (or both) of the bearings are toast, meaning I may have to replace them... I was wondering if anybody else knew how to replace the bearings (I know you are out there somewhere). All I ask for, are some tips on doing it, for instance, do both the needle bearing and the ball bearing come out with the shaft, or do I have to tap them out separately? If so... how and what tools may I need?

Thank You to anyone who attempts to help me or let alone reads this post.:thumbsup:
Thanks,
Jordan

/ Front PTO axle Troubles On G1800S #2  
(My first post)

I've finally found out that there is a grease fitting on the front PTO axle on my G1800S but it is too late :(. Every time I turn the PTO shaft it squeals at a certain spot and is really hard to turn, the mower itself struggles to drive it and is inconsistent at turning it. I'm pretty sure one (or both) of the bearings are toast, meaning I may have to replace them... I was wondering if anybody else knew how to replace the bearings (I know you are out there somewhere). All I ask for, are some tips on doing it, for instance, do both the needle bearing and the ball bearing come out with the shaft, or do I have to tap them out separately? If so... how and what tools may I need?

Thank You to anyone who attempts to help me or let alone reads this post.:thumbsup:
Thanks,
Jordan

I did this on my G5200 5-6 years ago, I believe the 1800 is more or less the same or very similar by looking at the parts diagrams. I don't remember exactly how I did it but it was very straightforward and obvious and nothing too difficult about it.

/ Front PTO axle Troubles On G1800S
I did this on my G5200 5-6 years ago, I believe the 1800 is more or less the same or very similar by looking at the parts diagrams. I don't remember exactly how I did it but it was very straightforward and obvious and nothing too difficult about it.

Ok, That raises my confidence level on this procedure. Thanks for your invoice.

-Jordan

/ Front PTO axle Troubles On G1800S #4  
Make sure your pto brake is not making the noise before you tear in to everything. Those bearing rarely fail. Most common is idler bearing.

Make sure your pto brake is not making the noise before you tear in to everything. Those bearing rarely fail. Most common is idler bearing.

Thank you, I'll make sure to look into that.
-Jordan

powerstroke444e, man you saved my day. You were right, nothing wrong with the bearings...(just the PTO brake workin') gave em' some grease, and it engaged perfectly fine. I was just looking back at the moment the mower deck was on it and it seemed to struggle, but I've also gotten all that figured all out...

Big Thanks!,
-Jordan

/ Front PTO axle Troubles On G1800S #7  
Glad to hear it. Those are some of the most bullet proof machines made.