Fuel filter upgrade on a BX25DLB .... only took five years!

/ Fuel filter upgrade on a BX25DLB .... only took five years! #1  

mcmxi

Bronze Member
Tractor
M6060HDC ('22) & MX6000HSTC ('21)
I've had a BX for five years now and finally got around to upgrading the fuel filter system to eliminate the inline filter near the fuel tank. This is a well known upgrade that replaces the small inline filter with a larger filter in a location that makes filter changes and filter monitoring a lot easier. In addition, it should improve fuel/water separation.

So here's the journey (abbreviated) and the final product. I try to use scrap material whenever possible so the bracket and skid plate were made from pieces I already had. I bought some nylon hose covering, a couple of spring clamps, a couple of metric bolts, a strap wrench, and of course the filter housing with filter. The skid plate shown in the second photo was the 1.0 version but the skid plate shown on the BX is the 3.0 version. Initially I had a problem with the skid plate making contact with the front left tire at full lock to the left. The skid plate is easily removed for improved access to the lock ring that holds the bowl on.

ff_10.jpg

ff_01.jpg

ff_02.jpg

ff_03.jpg

ff_04.jpg

ff_05.jpg

ff_12.jpg

ff_07.jpg

ff_08.jpg

ff_09.jpg

Last edited:
   / Fuel filter upgrade on a BX25DLB .... only took five years! #2  
Good install. I was going to say it looks a little vulnerable, until I saw the fine guard you made. My only suggestion would be to make sure you have a screen on your tank fill port, as that is where a lot of junk enters the system.

/ Fuel filter upgrade on a BX25DLB .... only took five years!
Good install. I was going to say it looks a little vulnerable, until I saw the fine guard you made. My only suggestion would be to make sure you have a screen on your tank fill port, as that is where a lot of junk enters the system.

Thanks, and a screen at the top of the fuel filler neck would be great ... I'll try to find one, or make one. I recently purchased a JohnDow 106 gallon diesel storage tank that has an auto shut off nozzle so hopefully it'll be easier to keep crap out of the fuel tank since I won't be holding up 5 gallon jugs for 10 minutes every time I need to fill up.