Fuel line leak

/ Fuel line leak #1  

Kooosh

Tractor
Jinma 254
Hi everyone,

I went to bleed my new injectors and have found 2 fuel lines leaking where the crimp is on the banjo bolt fittings. 1 line is from the injector pump to the fuel filter and 2nd line is from fuel filter back to injector pump

I've read some threads on this forum and have seen other's say that they have carefully cut the old metal crimp off and then used some stainless steel band clamps/hose clamps to re-attach the fuel line to the banjo fitting.

Is this something I can do on my Jinma 254?

I've attached some images showing where the leaks are.

J2.jpgJ1.jpg

/ Fuel line leak #2  
Hi everyone,

I went to bleed my new injectors and have found 2 fuel lines leaking where the crimp is on the banjo bolt fittings. 1 line is from the injector pump to the fuel filter and 2nd line is from fuel filter back to injector pump

I've read some threads on this forum and have seen other's say that they have carefully cut the old metal crimp off and then used some stainless steel band clamps/hose clamps to re-attach the fuel line to the banjo fitting.

Is this something I can do on my Jinma 254?
Most certainly. And in fact, you don't even have to remove the ferrules. Just slit them along the length in four places, like 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, and 9 o'clock and securely tighten down a quality hose clamp over the ferrule. Done.

/ Fuel line leak #3  
Yup, Bob is right. These are low pressure lines. This is what I did when I replaced the mechanical lift pump with an electric pump. The ferrule is the permanent clamp that holds the rubber hose on. Cut that (or remove it) and it releases the hose for easy replacement.

/ Fuel line leak #4  
A bucket of "Likes" to you Piper. I should have mentioned that you can use a hacksaw or Dremel tool to slit the ferrules. Make sure no metal particles get into the fuel system. It can never be clean enough.

/ Fuel line leak #5  
Hi Bob, Thanks.
When I worked for a Caterpillar dealer they taught me to make all kinds of hoses. I learned that virtually every hose end, no matter what style, had barbs on it to keep it from sliding off. When I upgraded the sediment bowl it came with a hose that had a banjo fitting on one side and used a hose clamp over a barbed fitting at the bowl. I had a spare "old hose" to experiment with and cut the banjo fitting apart just to see how it was made. It was then that I realized that the metric hose size was so close to 1/4" that any decent hose clamp would let me make replacement hoses from bulk stock.

/ Fuel line leak #6  
Cool beans, Piper. I worked for a Cat dealer too, back in the day. Even went through their "Large Bore Master" class back in Peoria. Pretty good stuff that has helped me through to this day.