Fuel tank gauge leaking

/ Fuel tank gauge leaking #1  

JimR

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST
Today I filled up my fuel tank to the top and the back of the tank started dripping. Next stop was over to the barn because it started raining. I drained the tank and removed it. The gauge had been over tightened somewhere along the way and the studs in the tank had cracked the plastic. Damned if I was going to replace this tank. I sprayed the top of the tank with carb cleaner and blew out the small cracks. Next was to put super glue into the cracks. I used marine silicone to seal it all up. I installed (5) 3/16th stainless steel screws in between the factory studs. I cleared holes the gauge with a 3/16th drill and drilled thru the tank with a 9/64ths drill. All the screws were sealed before screwing them in. I filled the tank back up and it doesn't leak. Yes, I know there is a missing lock washer. I'll put that in tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20220911_174341.jpg
    20220911_174341.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
   / Fuel tank gauge leaking #2  
Nice fix! Wouldn't it be great if all repairs went that easy!

/ Fuel tank gauge leaking
Nice fix! Wouldn't it be great if all repairs went that easy!
Sure would because some people would replace the tank. I hate to see what that costs when they want $70 for a marker light and $46 for a plastic grab handle. Update: I just priced a new tank. $410 + 6.25% tax and whatever they would hit me for shipping.

Last edited: