G1900 Mower Shaft Drive Question

/ G1900 Mower Shaft Drive Question #1  

firstcut

Just drove my first hour on Used 400 hour G1900 w/ 54 inch deck,runnin like a champ, then was mowing a rough ground area with hydaulic deck in raised position, when the u-joint popped off the deck shaft.

Couple questions:
1. Is that some sort of shear pin that is intended to give way (I did not hit anything), but is it possible the pin was weakened and gave way being driven in the "raised" position?

2. What do I need to use to replace that pin or bolt ?

3. Is it a symptom of something I need to check out, or should I not be mowing in raised position?

Thanks

Was having fun with this machine's power, even at lower and mid rpm's Hope to get it back in action!

/ G1900 Mower Shaft Drive Question #2  
No, there is not a shear bolt in that set up. There are two belts off the front of the engine that would slip first. Perhaps the prior owner didn't grease that drive line. I haven't seen a problem with them in the past. If memory serves me you have to buy the whole drive line from Kubota.

/ G1900 Mower Shaft Drive Question #3  
Check the shaft for a pin that pushes in to lock and unlock the u-joint onto the splined shaft on the deck gearbox. Sounds like the u-joint might not have been pushed far enough onto the shaft to let the pin lock it in place.

/ G1900 Mower Shaft Drive Question
Check the shaft for a pin that pushes in to lock and unlock the u-joint onto the splined shaft on the deck gearbox. Sounds like the u-joint might not have been pushed far enough onto the shaft to let the pin lock it in place.

You are right... whatever kind of pin that belongs is now gone, when the ujoint came off the splined shaft.

So it sounds like I will need whatever that Pin is from Dealer, or can I use something else... Unfortunately can not find where it went when it came apart.