Oil & Fuel Gas in my Oil.

/ Gas in my Oil.
When I got ready to start the engine, I had the air filter off to make sure I could see if the choke was operating properly.

When it turned over and began to run, I could see fuel spit out of the carb upward. About as much if you saw someone preaching from their profile and you could see spit now and then.

Is this normal for the gas to "spit" like that out of the carb?
Btw, the engine chugged / ran for about 30 seconds, then died.

(I have an iPhone, and could take a short video, but I am not sure how to upload that onto this forum.)

Last edited:
   / Gas in my Oil.
Hello PTer's,
Well, it looks like no more gas in the oil.
Had to get a new battery, installed and turned engine over. It started, but struggled for about 30-40 seconds.
I took the air cleaner filter off, tried again, it struggled to start but finally did. Yet, it sounded like their was hardly any compression and their was the clanking inside the engine (guessing its in the engine?).
I let it run, adjusted the trottle down to about mid range, and the RPMs picked up considerabaly, plus the clanking stopped after about a minute or two of running, and then it seemed the engine was running back to its normal self!

I figured since it was running, I would load it up on the trailer, so I can take it to a shop and have them look at the carb (engine bogs down with filter on and the carb seems to me to spit gas).

I went to put it on the trailer and it would not turn. The steering wheel is just turn by hand around and round.
Could the pin that holds the steering wheel on have broke, like a "sheer pin"?
I had to put quite a bit of force at first to try and turn the steering wheel, then it kind of broke free, and just turns round and round, but is not turning the wheels (articulating).

Anyone have any idea on the steering?

I will try to start it again tomorrow, hopefully the engine we run like it has in the past.

Also, I think I asked this before, but will ask again.
Does anyone know where the rubber stopper on the oil dip stick is suppose to be, in relation to the circle end that you grab to pull it out to check the level?

As always, THANKS TO ALL on this forum for your help and participation.

/ Gas in my Oil. #23  
any update? I am having some similar issues.

/ Gas in my Oil.
After having the beast in a shop since April (man power is extremely low, so very very slow service) they advised me the engine had a "spun gear on the crank shaft, putting it out of time; the rest of engine had a lot of wear, and because the timing was off it was causing fuel to be blown out of carb".
They said they could rebuild the engine but would probably end up costing close to what a new engine would be.
So I have now ordered a new engine from Terry at Power Trac.

/ Gas in my Oil. #25  
Sorry to hear about the gear failure, but I am glad that it sounds like you are making progress towards a working tractor again.

I hope it is fixed soon.

All the best,

Peter

/ Gas in my Oil. #26  
I might have missed it, but how many hours was on the worn engine? New/replace is the way to go.

/ Gas in my Oil. #27  
For anyone with the robin engines (or even the Kohler)...

On both my 425's, I took the time to install an electric fuel pump with a solenoid shut off valve (search amazon for: Advanced Fuel Components Gasoline Fuel Lock Off Valve 12 Volt Tractor Anti Drip). This isn't the valve on the carb...it's an external valve I installed. This way, you don't have to worry about forgetting to turn off the manual valve, or a leak in the mechanical pump (which is bypassed), or the infamous needle seating issue, etc....

For the pump, I used: Inline Fuel Pump 12v Electric Transfer Universal Low Pressure Gas Diesel Fuel Pump 2.5-4psi HEP-02A. Make sure to use a low pressure pump if you select a different pump.