GC2300 Parking Brake Mod

/ GC2300 Parking Brake Mod #1  

Bje56

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2300
So i was always annoyed by the location of the lever to lock the brake, but after 2 car accidents 6 weeks apart where I shattered my pelvis, right side, it became almost impossible to engage. So I did what any moron would do and disconnected the safety on the seat and used the bucket or whatever was on the 3-point to “park” the tractor. After a coming to Jesus moment I finally figured out a way to stop being a moron. Here it is IMG_1045.JPG
IMG_1047.JPG
It’s an 8mm coupled with an 8mm rod. Simple and functional. Plus the way it sets when engaged makes it near impossible to try and drive with the parking brake still engaged. Hope this helps

Coupler and rod links
uxcell 8mm to 8mm Shaft Coupling 40mm Length 25mm Diameter Coupler Aluminum Alloy Joint Motor for 3D Printer CNC Machine DIY Encoder uxcell 8mm to 8mm Shaft Coupling 4mm Length 25mm Diameter Coupler Aluminum Alloy Joint Motor for 3D Printer CNC Machine DIY Encoder: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

8mm Shaft 33mm=12.992" Hardened Rod Linear Motion 3D Printers CNC Hardware Part | eBay

/ GC2300 Parking Brake Mod #2  
Very creative. I love it!! I've been meaning to do something with my emergency brake. You have prompted me to think outside the box.

/ GC2300 Parking Brake Mod
Thanks. I was trying at one point to use my left foot. I had thought about a small chain or rope, but it would fall or disappear. I haven’t gotten into welding yet, but i imagine someone who can weld could make something much better. Maybe one day when some other projects are finished.....

/ GC2300 Parking Brake Mod #4  
Nice job.

/ GC2300 Parking Brake Mod #5  
You inspired me! I was chafing about that very thing today and wondered about some sort of a shaft coupler, without knowing what they are. I'm not much of a mechanic so that whole concept was guess work for me.

I went to the local hardware store and spent $3 and some cents to get 4 8-32 set screws and a 1" x 1/4" i.d.
IMG_20220524_165911__01.jpg
spacer (I think that is what it is called).

Came home and found a stick of 1/4" aluminum rod, drilled and tapped 4 holes in the spacer and set about shaping the aluminum rod. Not pretty but it works.

(I tried to send a video, but couldn't.)

/ GC2300 Parking Brake Mod #6  
You inspired me! I was chafing about that very thing today and wondered about some sort of a shaft coupler, without knowing what they are. I'm not much of a mechanic so that whole concept was guess work for me.

I went to the local hardware store and spent $3 and some cents to get 4 8-32 set screws and a 1" x 1/4" i.d. View attachment 747498spacer (I think that is what it is called).

Came home and found a stick of 1/4" aluminum rod, drilled and tapped 4 holes in the spacer and set about shaping the aluminum rod. Not pretty but it works.

(I tried to send a video, but couldn't.)
(y)

I keep meaning to work on this. Not a lot of better options so far.