GC2610 Broke HST fan, lost hydraulics - am I screwed?

/ GC2610 Broke HST fan, lost hydraulics - am I screwed? #1  

notabubba

Tractor
2013 GC2610TLB
Hey all. Noticed hydraulics were sluggish this AM. Bucket raising slow but still plenty of lifting power. 3pt hitch same thing. Tranny seemed to be running fine, fluid level normal,hoses ok so chalked it up to being a cold morning up here. Worked about an hour and then couldn't raise bucket anymore. Stuck my head under to look for a hose leak and saw hydro fan was stripped, not 1 blade left. :eek: Not sure how or when. Still drivable so got it back to garage. Now what? Did I likely just overheat hydro or would that much time totally without a fan trash the pump? Ordered a fan from Jack's but what else should I do? Replace fluid? Change filters?

/ GC2610 Broke HST fan, lost hydraulics - am I screwed? #2  
I would start by confirming the fluid is full.

And, checking to see if it is dark, or smells burned.

It should be almost clear.

The pump for the hydraulics is separate from the pump for the drive train. This could explain why you can drive it.

A main hydraulic pump failure is a possibility.

/ GC2610 Broke HST fan, lost hydraulics - am I screwed? #3  
So did you find anything out yet. Just curious to see if you've gotten it figured out yet.

/ GC2610 Broke HST fan, lost hydraulics - am I screwed?
Sorry, real world (aka work) got in the way. Finally got back to it today and low and behold, found a puddle under the tractor. Didn't see any leaks when I first looked Saturday, but now I can see that whatever I got caught on that busted the fan also whacked the line from the pump to the oil sump, breaking a clamp and puncturing a short length of rubber hose. Will change that out when the fan gets here, refill, and hopefully all is well!

/ GC2610 Broke HST fan, lost hydraulics - am I screwed? #5  
Good luck-- hope that's all it was! :thumbsup: