Gordon & DNR

/ Gordon & DNR #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
Hi Gordon,

I don't recall where the last thread was, but I thought I would bring you up to date regarding the lumber dudes that left the skidder tire on property & your recommendation on calling DNR & sheriff dept.

I ended up calling the Dept of Waste Mgt. It is illegal to leave tire and he says if I "report" it they will get the offenders. I ultimately made that report. He also informed me that they will ADDITIONALLY hold the land owners responsible /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif so that they have some final hook in someone. That's all I need to do is piss off in-laws /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Long story short, I thought it only fair to inform interested parties that the time had come to get tire and that I had reported situation etc..

(Waste Mgt dude also said he NEVER heard of this outfit which he thought was a good thing)

I reported EVERYONE in the chain. The purchaser of the timeber, the logger he hired to cut it, the trucking company the logger hired to carry it AND the forrester "WE" hired that was supposed to enforce the DANG contract.

The forrester told me not to worry, that "Some people just work in different time frames than others" I pointed out that I agree, but that the "time frame" in the contract that HE wrote and WASN'T enforcing was a DAILY picking up of trash...he became silent... He then informed me that he wasn't worried about being reported to the Dept of Waste Mgt. Ok by me.

PURCHASER of timber informed me "all would be done by end of contract" I informed him HIS contract specified a DAILY pickup of all trash, and that this was reported. He yelled at me that he didn't give a &^#^% who I called that he wasn't worried about "Mr. Solid Waste Manager" and that "when we get back out there to finish, WE are going to "check out" YOUR land for trash" (puzzled me on THAT one) then he proceeded to hang up on me rather violently.

I spoke to the trucker dude and informed him (as I did ALL) that it was nothing personal, just that the tire needed to go and since everyone was pointing finger at the OTHER guy, I reported them all. He said fine and was very plesant.

So, NO one takes responsibility, they say they will get it by end of contract, hang up on me, yell at me (and THEY are the ones in breach of contract!!!)

Anyway, what I found interesting, maybe 2 days later, tire...GONE.

/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Thank you (albiet late) for your advice.

Richard

/ Gordon & DNR #2  
<font color=blue> tire...gone </font color=blue>

Carried off by big squirrels no doubt. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

SHF

/ Gordon & DNR #3  
Richard,

Well I am glad that the tire is gone and you won that round. I also feel for you that you had to go through so much. I get so angry when people make you play hard ball to get them to do what they contracted to do. If it were me, I would keep a close eye on the rest of the operation. Never know if someone has the "I'll show him" mentality.

MarkV

/ Gordon & DNR #4  
First I'm sorry that you had to go through all that hassle, but I'm glad that you got your point across! Your quite welcome for the help. Just glad that it worked for you. It's a shame that alot of people working on others land have no respect for it what so ever. It makes the good clean workers look bad.

Please remember all loggers are not like that./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I'm also sorry to hear about the attitude of the forester. Doesn't sound like a very good man to deal with. Live and learn I guess.

Here is a link to the skidder tire thread.

By the way how is the clean up going? Did they leave slash everwhere? Best of luck and get some expanded metal to go over your brush guard it will save your grill from those loose limbs. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Here is a forestry board that has some pretty good information. http://www.timberbuyer.net/
Gordon

8-41268-jgforestrytractor.jpg
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by gordon on 06/14/01 09:52 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Gordon & DNR
>By the way how is the clean up going? Did they leave slash everwhere?<

I must say that I feel reasonably comfortable with their clean up efforts. I DON'T much care that they pushed their piles INTO the woods instead of out into the fields where I could burn the piles, but that is in fact what the contract called for...bummer (sure is interesting that they followed THAT stipulation to the letter)

I am unsure if you saw some of the pictures I posted here with my "little" fires, but those were two of the general piles as left by the loggers AFTER the State Forrester Dude (Joe is "THE MAN" who put out last years...getaway fire) Anyway, Joe came out, pushed all into better pile, put in fire breaks and I flicked my bick!

>and get some expanded metal to go over your brush guard it will save your grill from those loose limbs<

Who has a front grill??? I have a Brutus! Seems the front grill is one of the places they put their front end weights. (meaning the grill IS the weight, shaped as a grill) I was at dealer and learned this, I figure that front grill must weigh a TON! Or (seriously) a couple of six packs /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Richard

/ Gordon & DNR #6  
We had the same thing. But it was mainly a few empty jugs of HYD oil, old soda cans and leftovers from lunch. I didn't even bother to bug them. Once they have what they want, they are gone. Problem compounded by a forrester who didn't follow through and a harvester who was from two states away.

Steve

/ Gordon & DNR #7  
Sounds like the rule of thumb should be to include a couple hundred bucks for clean-up costs in any estimate!

/ Gordon & DNR #8  
Well, later, as it turned out, The harvestor took four additional trees on my property and four trees on the neighbors. He ended up having to cover the $0.48 per bd ft. to avoid being dragged into arbitration. Again the forrester was supposed to be checking up on the operation and should have cought that before it happened.

Steve