GR2110 towing capabilities

/ GR2110 towing capabilities #1  

ME83

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 110 TLB
I am looking at a new lawn/garden tractor for mostly mowing and like the GR2110. My concern with it is if it actually has any capability to pull anything. I have an older Ford industrial loader, so big stuff is not needed; but my other half likes to pull a cart around the yard and I am looking at it to pull a smaller ATV drag around the horse arenas (sand). Will the GR2110 survive pulling any kind of weight?

I also like the idea of 4wd in the winter for snow blowing.

/ GR2110 towing capabilities #2  
I don't see a cart as hurting anything. A drag harrows or chain link whatever to smooth an arena shouldn't be that big of a deal as long as it isn't digging in too much (burn up the hydro fluid if there's too much drag).

I don't know what my ATV/cart thing is rated for, but I pull my 7' x 20' 10,000# trailer (~2,000# unladen) back and forth from its resting place on the rear quarter...I'm quite certain it isn't rated for towing 2,000#, but it does it just fine for what I use it for.

My first reaction is that it'd be fine.

/ GR2110 towing capabilities #3  
I was told one of the big differences between, and reason for, the GR2100 and the GR2110 was the rear end and improvements to it. It seems that (allegedly) the people that had problems with the rear end leaking and breaking were also towing heavy loads such as firewood. Now for anything light such as a drag harrow I don't think there would be an issue. For a small price difference, why not just get a BX1850?

/ GR2110 towing capabilities
I did think about the BX line, but 95% of the use for this will be mowing the lawn which is what the GR is designed to do. I would just go for a ZTR but the GR will be much easier for others to use when they mow and it has the ability to pull a cart and use a snow blower.

The drag we use at the barn does take some effort to pull, it is not just a chain link fence drag. Here is a link to it. Arena Rascal Arena Drag by ABI Equine >>> For ATV's & Small Tractor | Arena Equipment Right now we use an ATV, but I would like to have a backup just in case.

/ GR2110 towing capabilities #5  
I don't see how this would be a problem. Especially in a dirt environment where you aren't going to be dragging a whole bunch of grass chunks and such along.

/ GR2110 towing capabilities #6  
ME83 said:
I am looking at a new lawn/garden tractor for mostly mowing and like the GR2110. My concern with it is if it actually has any capability to pull anything. I have an older Ford industrial loader, so big stuff is not needed; but my other half likes to pull a cart around the yard and I am looking at it to pull a smaller ATV drag around the horse arenas (sand). Will the GR2110 survive pulling any kind of weight?

I also like the idea of 4wd in the winter for snow blowing.
With the steering system and advanced hyrdostat design, I wouldn't pull anything heavier than a utility wagon or broadcaster, or small roller. It will do more I'm sure but why buy such a nice machine designed to mow and tow a heavy load when you can run your pickup truck just about anywhere you need to go with a load greater than 1000lbs. The heaviest load I've pulled is a 35 gallon sprayer full of water about 450 pounds total. It felt a little squirrely on a turn up a small hill. Good grief ..... make sure you keep the transmission oil full. The GR2100s cavitated during extended runs across slopes greater than 20%, the slip wheel differential would shockload the diff casting and crack, thus Kubota came back with the GR2110 series. Great improvement in components.