GR2120 losing power

/ GR2120 losing power #1  

chriswilliams2000

Tractor
Kubotas GR2120 BX25
Hi I have a 200 hour GR2120 that was mowing fine and then I noticed it started bogging down. I also noticed that when I engaged the PTO at lower revs the engine stalled out, which never happened before. Now in the thicker stuff with the PTO its slowing losing power more and more. Without PTO it revs and drives fine, I am not are where else to look. I ordered two new fuel filters, they look clean but I suppose you never know. Any ideas, I am hoping its not as hydraulic failure.

/ GR2120 losing power #2  
Sounds like you have a bearing problem on the deck or something wrapped around the blades or spindle. Do not think it is a hydraulic issue.

/ GR2120 losing power
I am going to pull the deck later today and check it out. I looked and was hoping to see grass build up but there was none, I will check it out further with it off. Thank you

/ GR2120 losing power #4  
I've no idea what it is, but I hope you've fixed it

/ GR2120 losing power
So just to share an update and good news It was the fuel filter. Not sure which one, but I changed them both and the one in the back is an absolutely nightmare to swap out, but its done and my problem is gone. Very happy to have the machine back to 100%

/ GR2120 losing power #6  
Whoops-- should have read ^^ before posting this. Glad you found the problem. I can hear engineers laughing when I change that rear filter!!

From my experience, I would guess your gearbox is getting ready to give up the ghost. Is the mower more noisy than usual? That would be one clue. The only other thing I would think might affect it is a fuel filter that needs replacement. There are two, and the one in the back is quite an interesting proposition to replace. I was shocked at how dirty mine were when I changed them, because I always use a mr. Funnel when fueling, but they were.