Grab Handles

/ Grab Handles #1  

MUDONTHETIRES

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6065 4WD
I have a 6065 4WD and while bush hogging or operating in general, I miss my grab handles that were on my 4505. They were located on top of the flat fenders but my new tractor only has a cup holder. The grab handles to assist in getting on the tractor are too low from the operator’s seat. Has anyone added grab handles onto their fenders and if so, what type? TIA!

/ Grab Handles #2  
I put one on each fender. I used THESE from Amazon. They're stainless steel and meant for boats so I had to cut the studs down. Because my fenders are curved, I had to cut and put two wedges between the handle and fender. I painted those to match the fender color. For the wedges, I drilled a hole into some round stock then cut off the wedges at the angle I needed. The wedges are only about 5/16" thick at the widest point.

I looked but couldn't find a picture that showed the handles. I added them after I restored the 3910 so I guess I better take more stock photos. :confused:

/ Grab Handles #3  
I found something similar (basically the same). I intend to add it soon to the right side fender behind the cupholder for rear facing work.
I previously had added a chainsaw holder that sorta doubles a grab handle when getting on/off the tractor

Attachments

• IMG_2804.JPG
    IMG_2804.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 87
   / Grab Handles #4  
I got a cabinet handle, drilled and tapped a support plate on the back side of the FEL (facing the seat) and mounted it there.
I do have grab handles on the fenders which are good while you're in the seat, but needed one near the step for access & egress.