Grease Zerk Emax 20S

/ Grease Zerk Emax 20S #1  

Hazel

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra Emax 20S HST
Front axle grease zerk needs replacing. Does anyone know what the size is?
I went to my local Napa store and they gave me a metric zerk (10 mm) it doesn’t work. I’m not sure if it’s SAE or Metric.

Rick

/ Grease Zerk Emax 20S #2  
Next time you're in there just pick up the big variety pack of replacements, or harbor freight, or amazon. Think it's 100+ pieces for $10-12. They are expendable items IMHO that I replace when they clog/get damaged/don't look good so I just keep an assortment of them around and replenish the section that's getting low as needed.

/ Grease Zerk Emax 20S #3  
Been there...done that and it was a no-go. I had a zerk that came damaged from the factory on a 2538 backhoe cylindner. Had a pack of metrics and no good. Got a pack of SAE and no good. Huh ??? So now I measure it with a pitch gauge. The threading is 5/16 x 24 which is BSF. It is essentially unavailable except for 1 place which was zerksplus.com and your going to pay a lot more than its worth.

/ Grease Zerk Emax 20S #4  
I went to my local Napa store and they gave me a metric zerk (10 mm) it doesn’t work. I’m not sure if it’s SAE or Metric.

Rick
You might look for threadless fittings that press in. I did so on a missing one on my loader. It has never failed.

/ Grease Zerk Emax 20S
Thank You for the responses. I contacted the dealer and he said the parts list doesn’t give you a size. They are going to order one from Mahindra for me

/ Grease Zerk Emax 20S #6  

Rick
I picked up a tread tester and then bought what I needed for our 4540.

1651969254272.png

/ Grease Zerk Emax 20S #7  
Drill and tap it to a more readily available conventional size or that's what Ive done with no problems. I also use a pinch of blue loctite when I install new sized fittings

/ Grease Zerk Emax 20S #8  
If you haven't fixed the Zerk yet, what is wrong with it ?

Just clogged, then a quick slight tap with a small ball peen hammer sometimes works.
Also, the "Lock'N Lube Grease Gun Coupler work pretty good !

/ Grease Zerk Emax 20S
Yes, I have the lube Shuttle grease gun with the Lock and Lube coupler. I replaced the Zerk with a new one