Green Bean Time!!

/ Green Bean Time!!
Got a late start this year due to a lot of rain. Was impossible to plant anything until June. Now, no rain so I'm watering the garden nightly. Supposed to have T storms next week. I'm good with that.
We are in a dry spell in my area. I have been trying to water everyday. My sweet corn is almost ready. About another week and I will start on that. Side dressed with calcium nitrate last week. Will be eating corn everyday until it is done.

/ Green Bean Time!! #22  
We are in a dry spell in my area. I have been trying to water everyday. My sweet corn is almost ready. About another week and I will start on that. Side dressed with calcium nitrate last week. Will be eating corn everyday until it is done.
We freeze most of that as well. We eat some (I plant Ambrosia SU), but most gets stripped and frozen. My Earth Way seeder has come in very handy for planting corn and beans. Sure beats hand placing seeds. At my age all that on the knees stuff is tedious.

/ Green Bean Time!!
I like Ambrosia as well but planted Bodacious this year. It is super sweet as well just all yellow instead of mixed. My feed and seed didn't have the Ambrosia. I will freeze the corn as well. We use all the ugly ones that that are missing kernels and such for freezing. Love my Earth Way seeder as well. It is perfect for small vegetable gardens.

/ Green Bean Time!!
We freeze most of that as well. We eat some (I plant Ambrosia SU), but most gets stripped and frozen. My Earth Way seeder has come in very handy for planting corn and beans. Sure beats hand placing seeds. At my age all that on the knees stuff is tedious.
E33F3C42-9186-40FE-8635-401D8A340B8A.jpeg
AC8BB1FE-CB17-40C5-BBAE-3BC7D212430E.jpeg

/ Green Bean Time!! #25  
I have a Garden Way which I picked up from a camp we were demolishing. My soil is so lumpy that it doesn't work very well though.

/ Green Bean Time!! #26  
Got the side dresser on mine as well. Ambrosia SU is hit and miss for me so I'll buy quite a bit and put the remainder in the deep freeze for subsequent years.

Only thing I don't like about growing sweet corn is the left behind stalk and roots so I'll pull them out and roast them in the burn pile. Didn't plant any this year have plenty in the freezer.

/ Green Bean Time!! #27  
Interesting germ rate. With commercial field corn seed, it cannot be sold unless the germ rate is 95% of better. Under 95%, it must be destroyed as in landfilled (or roasted in my bio mass stove in the shop and/or the house). Have a steady supply of off germ seed corn. Big seed grower down the road and I get his off grade seed for zip. I'm always good with that especially now with energy costs going skyward.

Nice and toasty in the winter and really cheap as in free heat.