Green Kubotas?

/ Green Kubotas? #11  
Years ago, it was very common for a manufacturer to paint a tractor the color a large customer wanted. IH used to paint the Farmalls for schools, highway depts, park depts, ect, whatever color they wanted. I know there were a lot of Cub's and A's painted yellow for highway depts.

Even now, at least in Calif, tractors and trucks are painted orange for CalTrans. They are supposedly changing to white now though.

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ Green Kubotas? #12  
The dealer I got Lucy from has several brands of all different colors, including attachments. I noticed and asked him about it, and he explained that different customers like all their equipment to be the same color. Whatever. I'm color blind anyway. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

The GlueGuy

/ Green Kubotas? #13  
GlueGuy,

My "Kubota Orange" Sovema tiller is ready for pickup at my dealer. Sovemas are normally a dark forest green, but hey, if they will ship them from factory Kubota orange, why not match!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Certainly not a big factor though, as neither my rotary cutter (King Kutter yellow) or blade (flat black) fit the bill.

Kevin

/ Green Kubotas?
Muhammad makes an interesting point that multiple branding may work for NH/Case because Case may have brand name loyalty from its prior presence in the tractor market. But that's what I would assume Kubota would do: not call itself something brand new like "Deerslayer Tractors," but either align with a current American brandname like Massey, as a new Massey line, or buy the tradename rights to a former American line like Ford or White or whatever's available.

/ Green Kubotas? #15  
How about Oliver? It has a good following and is green to boot!

18-30445-von.gif

/ Green Kubotas? #16  
If it appeared under an established brand, with an established dealer network, I could see it. Introducing a completely new brand, I don't see.