Gulp went the big fish

/ Gulp went the big fish #1  

mapper

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF 1734E
Just noticed that Pape Machinery just swallowed Washington Tractor, which was already pretty much the sole John deere dealer here in Washington.

/ Gulp went the big fish #2  
Over here on the east side it's Pape Tractor for JD.

/ Gulp went the big fish #3  
JD is doing it's bit to kill off small mom and pop dealerships. The bean counters have adopted the philosophy Its Grow or Die and JD believes in euthanizing the small pups.

/ Gulp went the big fish
My first JD lawn tractor was purchased from the local dealer, at that time Lakewood Lawn and Tractor, they had a few stores around Tacoma and Olympia. A year or two later it was bought out by Barnett Implement, stayed that for about 10 years or more. Then a few years ago Washington Tractor swallowed up most of the JD dealers in Western Washington, Pape was around but they seemed to mainly deal in construction equipment.

/ Gulp went the big fish #5  
United AG & Turf is buying up the small JD dealers around here.....

/ Gulp went the big fish #6  
John Deere must absolutely love Pape, I can’t even think of any other JD dealers in this area.

I have a Deere, but get everything I can from NAPA, as pricing at Pape is too painful to endure

/ Gulp went the big fish
John Deere must absolutely love Pape, I can’t even think of any other JD dealers in this area.

I have a Deere, but get everything I can from NAPA, as pricing at Pape is too painful to endure
I think that is true for most brands, AGCO is certainly proud of their stuff.