Handle in Float mode sticking. really easy fix

/ Handle in Float mode sticking. really easy fix #1  

Nb707

Bronze Member
Tractor
2020 kioti 4710 se hst cab
simple fix to a problem Many of you may experience. Your handle in float mode sticking.
my tractor is only a couple years old 200 hours Dk 4710 SE hydrostatic Cab.
I started noticing it earlier this year. I was having a devil of a time pulling it back out of float mode .
didn’t want break anything but I had to give it a good effort. Well after doing a little Google research. The way people explained everything. It was a little difficult to understand. However it is the detent. It’s such an easy fix basically the detent is the longer cap on your hydraulic valve. It’s just takes to Alan screws to unscrew it. Just pull the cap off . fill it up with some penetrating the oil and grease. you should be all set. It’s that easy. You just pull off the cap and re-grease the inside. Inside the cap you’ll notice some small ball bearings and that switch seems to get hung up. Mine had grease in there no water but the grease was crusty. Hopefully this helps really simple fix

/ Handle in Float mode sticking. really easy fix #2  
I'm having the same problem, haven't been brave enought to take it apart. Did you happen to take any pictures when you took it apart? How hard were the ball bearings to put back in?

/ Handle in Float mode sticking. really easy fix #3  
I'm having the same problem, haven't been brave enought to take it apart. Did you happen to take any pictures when you took it apart? How hard were the ball bearings to put back in?

I've had to replace the ball bearings on my Kubota B twice. Because of the way it's mounted, water manages to seep in and collect in the bottom of that cup enough to cause corrosion. (The ball bearings were actually rusted.) The last time I drilled a little weep hole -- hope that helps. Also replaced with stainless steel bearings.

Both times I ordered new ball bearings on-line. There are 3 small ball bearings if I remember correctly. Mine were standard 7/32" size. They're mounted in a spring-loaded cup mechanism that needs to be clean and move freely. I looked at the order email and they were 77 cents each. Shipping and parts was about $7 a few years ago. Was much cheaper than ordering from KUBOTA.

There are probably lots of sources, but this is the one that I used. Bearings Online, Ball Bearing Supplier & Distributor - VXB

It's a simple fix, but it takes 3 hands. If the valve was upside-down it would be easier. Just awkward. Do it someplace where you can find the bearing(s) if you drop one or put a large pan underneath to catch them. I greased mine up pretty good so they'd kinda stick as I got it assembled and then pushed it all together. (Since they were so cheap, I ordered twice what I needed. The shipping was the same. Glad I did because I dropped one right away and it bounced and rolled off. Never have found it. )

Last edited:
   / Handle in Float mode sticking. really easy fix #4  
Finally got around to trying the fix this weekend. Took the cup of the bottom of the float valve. Cleaned and lubed everything back up and works great.