Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,271  
Craftsman is also sold by True Value hardware stores, maybe others as well.
Isn't/wasn't Husky also sold by Tractor Supply? Could've sworn I bought something there once of that brand.
Any place that sells Stanley Black & Decker or Dewalt tools will probably sell Craftsman. They own the name.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,272  
I did a search for the best grinder. Without spending a fortune ( because you can) I wound up at HF. I got this little gem withvarable speed, a light, and shields. I put it on a small table next to my 30 yr old HF 4" belt and side disc sander. Neither one of these will disappoint. View attachment 771449
Really like the variable speed option at that price point, you know if that has an induction motor?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,274  
Here's a 200 amp $hitbox??
3 in 1 for less than $200 on Amazon with prime.
my son had me order a Hit box 250
I tested the amp output on 240 Volts AC had trouble getting 160 amps out of it.
It welds OK on "Short" MIG beads but had a weird problem of cutting out mid long bead. Like the Voltage drops out mid weld I thought it was me. Nope.
I Bought myself an HTP Pro Pulse MTS 220 and absolutely No comparison on the way it welds.
Not in the same price range but it was well worth the extra money to me every time I weld with it
If I ever need another welder it will likely be an HTP

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,276  
my son had me order a Hit box 250
I tested the amp output on 240 Volts AC had trouble getting 160 amps out of it.
It welds OK on "Short" MIG beads but had a weird problem of cutting out mid long bead. Like the Voltage drops out mid weld I thought it was me. Nope.
I Bought myself an HTP Pro Pulse MTS 220 and absolutely No comparison on the way it welds.
Not in the same price range but it was well worth the extra money to me every time I weld with it
If I ever need another welder it will likely be an HTP
Hit box needs to change there logo they place in front of the name lol, is HTP Italian made?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,277  
I'll stick with either Lincoln or Hobart
Yep I still have a soft spot for my Idealarc TIG 300 300 over 800lbs of pure Awesomeness :)

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,278  
I'll stick with either Lincoln or Hobart.
A friend of mine swears by miller. He's retired and welded professionally as his career for 40 yrs.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,279  
Hit box needs to change there logo they place in front of the name lol, is HTP Italian made?
Yes basically Stel

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,280  
I'll stick with either Lincoln or Hobart.
When I was a lot more serious of getting a multiprocess machine miller seemed the way to go, that was 5 yrs ago.