Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,301  
why? because the chain oil gets in there?
not doubting what you say, just curious
Yes. I regularly greased the tips on my bars when I first started using a chainsaw years ago. I probably have not greased a bar tip in 10 years and have not had a problem with premature tip failures - no evidence of lubrication failures.

It could depend on the bar and chain used. I generally use the OEM bars that came on my Husqvarna and Jonsered saws, or Oregon replacement bars. I also use Oregon chain, though have also been trying out the Husqvarna X-Cut chain lately. However, I've never seen a lube issue even when using other brands of chain. I did have a tip fail on a Tsumura bar once, however, those bars are known not to hold up well to bore cutting, which I do a lot of; it did not appear to be a lube issue, the sides of the tip just started to spread.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,302  
I bought this magnetic sweeper for the Members Only price of $9.99. To test it, I rolled it over a 9/16 open end wrench twice and it picked it up both times. If it keeps my tired old bones from having to crawl under or out from under a vehicle to get a tool once, I'll call it money well spent. 17 In. Mini Magnetic Sweeper

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,303  
I bought this magnetic sweeper for the Members Only price of $9.99. To test it, I rolled it over a 9/16 open end wrench twice and it picked it up both times. If it keeps my tired old bones from having to crawl under or out from under a vehicle to get a tool once, I'll call it money well spent. 17 In. Mini Magnetic Sweeper
Those work great but the handle connection is flimsy. I attached a right-angle shelf bracket using hose clamps, to reinforce the connection.

This was after I used it to pick up dozens of roofing nails on grass and all the way down the unpaved driveway, after the roofers departed. Now it works as intended.

As you said its great for reaching under the workbench, tractor, etc for a tool. Or searching for the washer that fell and rolled.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,304  
One of my older pistol grip grease guns has a needle tip on it.
If I go down to my shop today I'll have to get it and the winter grade bar oil for it.
Not even really looking forward to using it but after this storm goes through I at least go cut a little bit with it to be sure it's in working order.
Winter grade bar oil??? If that's sold in the south I don't know about it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,305  
Those work great but the handle connection is flimsy. I attached a right-angle shelf bracket using hose clamps, to reinforce the connection.

This was after I used it to pick up dozens of roofing nails on grass and all the way down the unpaved driveway, after the roofers departed. Now it works as intended.

As you said its great for reaching under the workbench, tractor, etc for a tool. Or searching for the washer that fell and rolled.
Thanks California. I'll keep an eye on the handle connection.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,307  
sounds like a New England product, Canada... some bar oil is a lot runnier than others.
I bet one could mix something appropriate in it to improve viscosity.
I've gone to pour from a very cold jug and just waited for thick goop to come out.
Maybe get a gallon jug, pour half the bar oil in it and dilute with? Motor oil?

of course if you get it too thin it will just fling off and likely make a mess.

I liked the old style where you could push in a plunger for an extra shot of oil

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,308  
It's a lighter viscosity oil for use in cold temperatures, I've seen the standard oils pouring about like tar when it wasn't even real cold just 20F or so.
1672238035804.png

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,309  
My bar oil is like molasses right now.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,310  

A fallen nut or washer can wind up in places and positions that amaze me.