Has anyone done their 50hr service (or any service on the hydro fluid) w/ the backhoe on the 20 series?

/ Has anyone done their 50hr service (or any service on the hydro fluid) w/ the backhoe on the 20 series? #1  

boostmg

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 3620 TLB Hydro
I have a 3620h .. coming up on my 50hr service .. just wondering if need to take the backhoe off? Someone said I do or that it just makes it easier.

/ Has anyone done their 50hr service (or any service on the hydro fluid) w/ the backhoe on the 20 series? #2  
In general (not specific to your brand), I personally find that it is easier to do that type of work with implements off. Just easier access to everything. Just my preference.

/ Has anyone done their 50hr service (or any service on the hydro fluid) w/ the backhoe on the 20 series? #3  
the bh200 subframe will interfere with you accessing your main hydraulic filter, and hst filter.
the subframe rail goes in front of the filter you can get them out with in on but it is much easier with it off

/ Has anyone done their 50hr service (or any service on the hydro fluid) w/ the backhoe on the 20 series? #4  
It will make refilling more difficult as well. Without my backhoe on, I had to try several funnels to find something that would work for me. I could not have filled from a 5 gallon bucket with the backhoe in place. If you use a pump, it will be not be an issue to fill with the backhoe in place.

/ Has anyone done their 50hr service (or any service on the hydro fluid) w/ the backhoe on the 20 series?
sounds like i'll take it off. will be nice to get used to taking it off and putting it on anyway!

/ Has anyone done their 50hr service (or any service on the hydro fluid) w/ the backhoe on the 20 series? #6  
If you're just going to put it back on again, you can leave the 3pt hitch off.

There are some videos on youtube showing how to remove and install it. I don't remove it like they do using the BH to pull itself off the tractor. That requires more finesse with the BH than I have. I just raise up the BH so it's not hanging on the pind and make sure the front of the subframe has dropped down so the tractor won't hit it (you may need to push down lightly with the bucket), and drive the tractor out a few inches.

I place the BH on cribbing under the main frame between the outriggers.

The lynch pins that keep the latch pins in place can be tricky to remove. There's not enough room to flip the wire bail over like normal but if you pull the latch pins back a little there's just enough room to pull the bail up enough to let you slide the lynch pin out. (the latch pins are the L shaped ones that hold the latch bars in place over the frame tube)

I keep meaning to reverse the frame bolts that are in the way to give me another 1/4" of room but since I have a system that works I have not gotten around to it.

/ Has anyone done their 50hr service (or any service on the hydro fluid) w/ the backhoe on the 20 series? #7  
I store my backhoe in the back of my shed with the bucket end against a concrete block wall. It gives me something to push against when adjusting the backhoe to fit it on the tractor. You will need 24 mm and 27 mm wrenches for the bolts that hold the 3 point arms. There are tabs to keep the bolt from turning, but the bolt head can wedge in there tight.

/ Has anyone done their 50hr service (or any service on the hydro fluid) w/ the backhoe on the 20 series? #8  
I have a 3620h .. coming up on my 50hr service .. just wondering if need to take the backhoe off? Someone said I do or that it just makes it easier.
I think your BHo mount/dismount process is like my 3520H. I've done the service both with and without the BHo attached and just like someone already said the BHo frame does get in the way and BHo does limit space for refilling oil. But the job can be done.
Just my opinion but the BHo mounting is a poor design that can be really hard to re-install, especially if not on a concrete floor. They make it look kindergarten simple in the videos but in real life it's not always that easy. Good luck. Regards.