Hay production

/ Hay production #1  

Jezlyn2006

Tractor
New Holland T6050
We do a lot of custom hay in Kansas. I just saw a picture of a set up I've been dreaming about for years, but didn't know it existed. Can anyone tell me about the PTO needed to make this picture happen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210420-113404_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210420-113404_Chrome.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 187
   / Hay production #2  
We do a lot of custom hay in Kansas. I just saw a picture of a set up I've been dreaming about for years, but didn't know it existed. Can anyone tell me about the PTO needed to make this picture happen?

A super looooong one. ;)

Maybe 1-PTO shaft near the tractor turns a drive unit shaft to another PTO shaft going to the bailer.

/ Hay production #5  
It’s a pretty simple setup really. We run two of them that we built. The hollow pipe driveshaft is in two pieces and supported by a carrier bearing on each end and one in the middle where the two pieces join. The baler will have a CV joint and we add one to the front of the rake where it attaches to tractor PTO. Hydraulics can be extended from baler to tractor via black pipe. The wiring is a bit more challenging. I built on extension and bought one pre built for another setup. I recommend buying one with heavy enough wire. Voltage drops can produce errors. We use Vermeer R23A rakes for ours.