Hay Stacking block/tackle grappel hook set up.

/ Hay Stacking block/tackle grappel hook set up.
First my tractor and grapple wont fit in this small bay. Works great in the extension. I have tried the 15 year old kids and I can still out move them. They don understand hard work. My back will not allow much throwing, but I have done that, pitching up 2 rows at a time. That's what killed me this time

The small hay elevator has me curious, but what brand are good ones and what do I look for when shopping. Never seen one around here, just pictures.

/ Hay Stacking block/tackle grappel hook set up. #12  
I don't know anything about brands, I'd just check Auctionzip for local auctions that have one, and go bid.

/ Hay Stacking block/tackle grappel hook set up. #13  
Your doing it wrong.

/ Hay Stacking block/tackle grappel hook set up. #14  
I have two hay elevators. One big 20-foot one (Snowco Brand) and another one that is probably 50 years old that i have no idea what brand, I cut it down to 9 feet. They both have an electric motor and work pretty well.

/ Hay Stacking block/tackle grappel hook set up. #15  
An electric hay elevator would be great. Even if you found a pto powered you could eventually convert to electric motor for more convenience and be safer. Of course you would want someone to load it and someone to unload it.

Keep an eye out for a used on on craigslist or the like.

/ Hay Stacking block/tackle grappel hook set up. #16  
There is about six hay elevators in my area for sale, for about $300-500 on god ol' craigslist. I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding one.

/ Hay Stacking block/tackle grappel hook set up. #17  
A trebuchet, there's so much you can accomplish with one! Great for stacking pumpkins too, sort of.

Seriously, a B&T is probably too much trouble for an 8' lift. a double purchase would be a lot of rope hauling. Maybe a home made counterweighted pole boom would work, but I favor helping out the unemployed 15-16 yr olds.