Headlights for a Mitsibishi MT300D.

/ Headlights for a Mitsibishi MT300D. #1  

MROlson86

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT300D. 1949 Ford 8N
I need to replace both headlights. OE are Stanley 001-3670 with 001-1726 sockets. I need to replace the entire thing. Any ideas for a cross reference? I would like to skip modifying the grill.

/ Headlights for a Mitsibishi MT300D. #2  
I need to replace both headlights. OE are Stanley 001-3670 with 001-1726 sockets. I need to replace the entire thing. Any ideas for a cross reference? I would like to skip modifying the grill.

First generation MT300 in blue/white or last gen in all red? Big difference.

/ Headlights for a Mitsibishi MT300D. #3  

Both Mitsubishi and Yanmar used Stanley headlamp assemblies. Do you have measurements off your old ones. If so, I know where to get new ones.

/ Headlights for a Mitsibishi MT300D.
Both Mitsubishi and Yanmar used Stanley headlamp assemblies. Do you have measurements off your old ones. If so, I know where to get new ones.
My MT300D is a blue and white Mitsubishi a 1986 model. The lights measure 85mm X 140mm, this is the part that you see. The overall or outside size is 90mm X 150mm. Thanks for your respons!

/ Headlights for a Mitsibishi MT300D. #5  
I also drive a Mitsubishi and lived the light bulb problem.

I soon discovered that certain motorcycle bulbs were 'almost' a fit.
The only difference was where a small notch was in the flange.

A simple fix, all I did was (using a small file) duplicate that notch.

Stanley bulbs are the standard of the motorcycle industry it seems.

Thanks for sharing your solution. I need to replace the entire fixture, it is starting to get bad inside and the socket is shaky too.

/ Headlights for a Mitsibishi MT300D. #7  
My fixtures also rotted out so I simply trashed them and used LED lights.
For esthetics sake I did a 'wall to wall' mesh once I removed the old sockets.

For my lighting needs I mounted a 12" light bar under my cab windshield 'eyebrow'.
I found a nice lightbar that had 4 LED spots in center with clusters of 4 LED floods each side of the center grouping.

The difference is literally 'day and night' with night being as bright as day.

I'm all LED now, including my cab interior lighting.

Last edited:
Thanks, I like your solution. My tractor has a loader and the bucket is always in front of the lights, they don’t do much, so filling the grill will likely finally
get some light out front. It’s wired for low and high beams.