Hello, I have a 1957 MF 35 gas powered tractor. what is it worth ?

/ Hello, I have a 1957 MF 35 gas powered tractor. what is it worth ? #11  
Exactly right. I used to buy all kinds of new stuff from my Kubota dealer but after seeing the price increases at the start of the new year, I cancelled an M7060 cab and started buying restored antiques.

Not that I can't afford new ones, I work in a mine, I just feel stupid paying those prices.
I can see a thousand or two increase in the current times, but not 6 to 10 on tractors that never even had any kind of update.

Plus the old tractors look cool, and no regen issues.

Kubota pricing was all over the map for me which is hard on owners like myself. Is my tractor worth more, or less, or what will it sell for on the secondary market?

I really like the general fit, finish, and function of Kubota SCUT and CUT tractors but, pricing is getting way up there compared to options from TYM in my case.

Looking at base weights, they also look competitive but, you have to be careful and look at things like weight distribution to ensure the "weight" is evenly distributed to places where it is really needed for overall tractor stability.

The loader's lift capacities are great for marketing too! The real question though, is when you load the bucket to capacity, can the tractor safely handle that load on the terrain you are on?

For bush hogging (rotary mower) and dragging downed trees out of a fence line, an old tractor will work fine and is likely more dependable with fewer electronic systems too.

Regarding old tractors as well, is the nostalgia of using an old Case 930, JD 4020, Pre-AGCO Massey, etc. for general farm chores.

/ Hello, I have a 1957 MF 35 gas powered tractor. what is it worth ? #12  
I like old stuff. Been driving truck and running equipment all my life and I'll go back to steel cab interiors any day over all this plastic garbage. Just go compare a new Cat excavator to an old one. The engine bay doors are made of old filing cabinets I think, compared to the old solid steel ones.
I know not everyone likes old stuff, but it has a certain charm for me.

Regarding Kubota, I was going to trade two in and they were going to give me what I paid new for them. Was only going to lose on the implements. But then what do you buy? The new stuff went up 6 to 10 grand. It's sickening.

/ Hello, I have a 1957 MF 35 gas powered tractor. what is it worth ? #13  
Yes, Kubota and John Deere are both priced out of reach for a lot of people. My Massey has gone up $20K since January of this year! :eek: Yes, ~20% since January!

Inflation is really hurting everything to the point that even people with good jobs are struggling to keep up with their bills for basic necessities.