Help with annoying problem

TPONZ

Tractor
McCormick xtx 145 Xtra Speed
Hi, My 2011 McCormick XTX 145 is running just fine from the moment i start it until i have to exit the cab and on my return find the transmission
has gone into neutral, the only way i can get going again is to shut down the engine and then restart the engine at which time my
gears are back and i can set off again.
Anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong and how i can rectify ?

seville009

Gold Member
Not familiar with your machine, but generally its probably something loose in the shifter - retaining pin or something like that.

LD1

Epic Contributor
Top Poster Of Month
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Is it a safety thing, leaving the cab locks out the trans?

Has it always done this or is it a new problem?

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
AH - perhaps a new twist to the "leave the seat" safety system.

Hay Dude

Tractor
Case-IH, Massey Ferguson & Kubota
Hi, My 2011 McCormick XTX 145 is running just fine from the moment i start it until i have to exit the cab and on my return find the transmission
has gone into neutral, the only way i can get going again is to shut down the engine and then restart the engine at which time my
gears are back and i can set off again.
Anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong and how i can rectify ?
What kind of reverser do you have F-N-R or same but with “P” (park)?

OP
T

TPONZ

Tractor
McCormick xtx 145 Xtra Speed
Its not a new tractor, 2011 but new to me and yes its been like this since i bought it.

I thought maybe theres a setting for a timer giving the user time to get out to open
a gate before getting back into the seat. So long as im in the seat there are no issues.

LD1

Epic Contributor
Top Poster Of Month
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Its not a new tractor, 2011 but new to me and yes its been like this since i bought it.

I thought maybe theres a setting for a timer giving the user time to get out to open
a gate before getting back into the seat. So long as im in the seat there are no issues.
Not familiar with the modern larger machines and the advancements made in the transmissions as well as safety.

Do you have the manual? Maybe something in it would reveal what's going on. Cause it sounds like some sequence of events isn't happening. Park brake set, lever in park and not neutral, etc.

Jchonline

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M62, M7060, X1100C

Check the manual? Might provide some insight.