Hinomoto e232 PTO lever seized in Neutral

/ Hinomoto e232 PTO lever seized in Neutral #1  

DarbyCrash

Tractor
Mahindra 5145
Hinomoto e232, unknown year. Interested in purchasing and checked it out. Mostly operational and drives fine only issue is the Lever to engage PTO is stuck in neutral. No matter how much finesse is applied just does not budge. PTO shaft spins freely and will free spin when engine is turning over just cannot get it to engage. Looked up Allis 5020 and Massey 210 info also trying to gather as much as I can and have no luck. Anyone have any experience or know if this can be fixed without splitting? Attached a picture of the lever

Attachments

• IMG_2886.JPG
    IMG_2886.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 110
   / Hinomoto e232 PTO lever seized in Neutral #2  
I had a 1979 Massey 205-4 which was very similar to the 210. The 210 has a slightly bigger engine. I did not have that specific PTO problem, but I will say that any parts other than engine parts are very difficult to source and rarely available new. Internal trans/differential/PTO parts may be impossible to find unless you can source a donor tractor. There's a company called Southern Global that is the best bet for parts for these tractors if you do decide to pull the trigger on it.

/ Hinomoto e232 PTO lever seized in Neutral
Thanks for the reply. I found the same exact conclusion about parts and trouble finding things, ended up passing for a Ford 3600.

/ Hinomoto e232 PTO lever seized in Neutral #4  
If the lever doesn't move at all, it is probably froze where it goes through the housing. Spray nut loosener on it & tap gently. It should eventually move a little. then keep working it back & forth.