Ballast Homemade windshield washer fluid

/ Homemade windshield washer fluid #21  
BIG jugs of no name booze is so cheap down there (in the US), you could use probably use that. Heck it even goes on SALE!

/ Homemade windshield washer fluid #22  
I have filled hundreds of tractor tires with antifreeze and water over the years and not 1 customer ever had a frozen tire or complaint.
Ummm thats when I lived in Oregon.

/ Homemade windshield washer fluid #23  
I did a DIY fill of 33" turf tires on an older JD compact a number of years ago.. As I recall the mix was about 15 g of washer fluid and 4 g of auto anti freeze concentrate.. Worked well..

The equipment and procedure is strait forward enough.. The trick is buying the fluids on sale.. It took about half the summer to gather fluids on sale.. About an hour to fill the first tire.. Only 45 minutes for the second..
Even with the time it takes to gather fluids and equipment, the washer fluid DIY is a lot cheaper than any other option... That is here at least.. It may be a bit lighter, but not enough compared to price to make a difference in my opinion..

Given the location of the original post, I would suggest 25% or so anti freeze in your mix as a good idea..

/ Homemade windshield washer fluid #24  
I have a friend that runs a car rental franchise.
They get WW fluid in 45 gal drums from the rental co.

Now that would be one source of nicely priced WW fluid.

Unfortunately my rims were already filled with beet juice but my windshields are always nice and clean.

/ Homemade windshield washer fluid #25  
At a $1 or so per gallon and only needing 50 or so gallons......how much could you possible save making your own?

And how much alcohol do you need to buy to make it -20 and how much would that alcohol cost?

Im guessing you cannot make it any cheaper than you can buy when on sale. And if you can....Im guessing its pennies per gallon. So you may save a buck...literally

/ Homemade windshield washer fluid #26  
Ha, once knew a guy that would lug a container of methyl hydrate mix in the trunk plumbed up to the washer pump.
Once a year fill up.