Hours Since Regen on your mechanical injected motor (non Yanmar)

/ Hours Since Regen on your mechanical injected motor (non Yanmar) #1  

CloverKnollFarms

Elite Member
Tractor
TYM4820H
So, how many.

My tractor accrued at total of 15 hours this year tilling. It's not run often, and it's winter and I'm bored.

So, when did you do your first regen? I'm at PTO RPM almost always.

/ Hours Since Regen on your mechanical injected motor (non Yanmar) #3  
I manually initiated one at about hour 50
I usually run at 18-20 rpm.

/ Hours Since Regen on your mechanical injected motor (non Yanmar) #4  
I've noticed that running higher rpms consistently defers the call for regen.

/ Hours Since Regen on your mechanical injected motor (non Yanmar) #5  
Due to lack of snow, I haven't needed my tractor for almost six weeks. But I'm at 442h with no regen ever performed. There is a guy on the FB group with 1000+ h with no regen on the Kukje engine.

/ Hours Since Regen on your mechanical injected motor (non Yanmar) #6  
Due to lack of snow, I haven't needed my tractor for almost six weeks. But I'm at 442h with no regen ever performed. There is a guy on the FB group with 1000+ h with no regen on the Kukje engine.
Sounds unusual.

/ Hours Since Regen on your mechanical injected motor (non Yanmar) #7  
With the Kukje engine and DPF system, if the operator can keep enough load on the engine for long periods of time, it may never ask for a regen. This is obviously hard to accomplish frequently.

Even after doing light work or working at low RPMs, if the operator would go for a drive in the highest gear for some time, it may be enough to keep it from asking for a regen.

/ Hours Since Regen on your mechanical injected motor (non Yanmar) #8  
I manually initiated one at about hour 50
I usually run at 18-20 rpm.
Digityman

Just curious.
Why did you initiate a manual DPF regen at 50 hours if system had not requested regen?

My possible thoughts are 1) checking to see if system works as expected 2) wanting to learn firsthand 3) possible performance loss from exhaust back pressure to do DPF loading

Thanks
Spanky 100