How loud is the RTV 900

/ How loud is the RTV 900 #1  

swoods80

Since its a diesal engine I imagine it would be just as loud as the Kubota tractor?

/ How loud is the RTV 900 #2  
Well you certainly aren't going to sneak up on anybody with the engine running. The owner's manual lists the "sound level at operators's ear" as 87db. It doesn't indicate if this is at idle or full throttle. I'm not sure what a Kubota tractor is listed as but I assume a subcompact tractor would be about the same.

This web site list how loud various other activities are:

http://www.garlic.com/~pburnett/noise.htm

87db is about the same as a blender.

There's a warning that states:

"Keep in mind that noise-induced hearing loss results from a combination of high sound levels and extended periods of exposure to sounds above 80 to 85 dB. Protect your hearing when involved with these types of activities."

Besides the engine noise there's also quite a bit of noise from different parts of the RTV900 vibrating like the cargo bed/tail gate. I'm not sure if a cab would help isolate/reduce this or not.

I test drove a gas powered JD HPX 4x4 and I don't think that it was any less noisy.

/ How loud is the RTV 900 #4  
I went by a dealer today and drove one . i held a conversation with my son who was riding with me. it really wasnt as loud as i thought it would be while it was idling.

/ How loud is the RTV 900 #5  
It was a little louder then .. say.. a Polaris gas engine but its not as loud as the 'old' diesels of years ago.. its about as loud as a kubota tractor..

Frank

/ How loud is the RTV 900 #6  
It should be about 104dB sitting right behind the vehicle @ WOT.

/ How loud is the RTV 900 #7  
I ha e a kubota RTV 500 with a gas engine a d in motion it records 91-97 db on my meter held at chest height

/ How loud is the RTV 900 #8  
I have the cabbed 1100 model. That was my only complaint.....I thought the factory cab should have been quieter inside. I thought it was loud......until I drove my friends Polaris RZR 900 and a Can Am 1000 turbo. They are horribly loud (and hot) compared to my Kubota.