How much distance should be left between lower pin holes and 3pt bar?

/ How much distance should be left between lower pin holes and 3pt bar? #1  

wwwfarmer

Tractor
/
Hello everyone!

I am wondering if there is a standard specifying how much space should be between lower pin holes of the three point hitch and the bar for category 1, 2 and 3? Take a look at the image to see what I mean. From the book I am reading.. the standard specifies arm span and width of ball, but nothing in regard to distance from the bar. Same thing for the height between the pins. As always, thank you for advice :)

3pt-spacing.png

/ How much distance should be left between lower pin holes and 3pt bar? #2  
I don't think there is any "standard" distance. On my Rhino 950 rear blade that space( ? ) is 3". On my Bush Hog roll over box blade and Land Pride disk harrow, it's a pin extended out from the ends of your bar. On my Wallenstein chipper its on the top back edge of the bar. On my land plane grading scraper it on top of the bar.

Obviously - it will depend upon how the implement is constructed.

/ How much distance should be left between lower pin holes and 3pt bar? #3  
That dimension depends on what you are attaching it to. For use on my quick hitch I make all of my implements 4" due to the thickness of the hooks on the QH. My top link hook needs at least 3" to clear so I just make all of mine 4".

/ How much distance should be left between lower pin holes and 3pt bar? #4  
cutterlack - - ???

/ How much distance should be left between lower pin holes and 3pt bar? #5  
When the rain stops maybe I walk out with a tape, have several factory pieces nearby.

/ How much distance should be left between lower pin holes and 3pt bar? #7  
It's supposed to be 1 1/2" from the edge to the center of the lower pin (Cat-1, 2 & 3). Cat-4 is 2".

I looked at a couple of pictures of my stuff and that measurement looks about right.

Edit: Ops, wrong side. 🥵 I couldn't find a spec for rear spacing. It would certainly have to be enough to clear the lift arm.

Last edited: