Mowing How to I get more power to the blades

/ How to I get more power to the blades
Hey guys, thank you all so much for sharing your knowledge in my case. I found the issue and fix the problem yesterday. While mowing I had the instinct to put some pressure on the gear. I notice that it cut better, so I stopped and followed the engaging gear. I saw that I had some adjustment and I adjusted the gear to pull more. To my surprise it fix the problem. Now my belly mower is working full power and I'm able to do the tast much better. As I said, thank you all for your help.

/ How to I get more power to the blades #13  
Hey guys, thank you all so much for sharing your knowledge in my case. I found the issue and fix the problem yesterday. While mowing I had the instinct to put some pressure on the gear. I notice that it cut better, so I stopped and followed the engaging gear. I saw that I had some adjustment and I adjusted the gear to pull more. To my surprise it fix the problem. Now my belly mower is working full power and I'm able to do the tast much better. As I said, thank you all for your help.
:confused: ... So, was the drive belt slipping?

/ How to I get more power to the blades #14  
If the belt was slipping and you ran it for awhile, I would go ahead and get a belt to at least have on hand.

When a v-belt wears, it will still appear tight, but not seat right in the pulleys and not get a good grip.

/ How to I get more power to the blades #15  

what on earth are you saying? What does "apply some pressure on the gear" mean? Did you down shift and mow at a slower speed? Did you find a belt adjustment and increased the tension on the mower belt? You hit the breaks to slow down? Can you elaborate on how you applied pressure to gears?

/ How to I get more power to the blades #16  
Sounds like the mower has manual engagement of the blades. I assume he means pulley when he says gear.

Thus, it wasn't getting fully engaged and slipping the belt under load?