Hydraulic experts needed !!!

/ Hydraulic experts needed !!! #11  
<font color="blue"> It was one of them chewing you hated to get because it was in front of all the people you work with and plus it was my dad. </font>

Murph I think we have all had one or two of those very same colorful conversations with our fathers from time to time. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Hydraulic experts needed !!! #12  
Yeah I am sure we all did, and if I remember right it probably wasn't the only one. But I tell you, it was one that stuck with me, 35 years later I still remember it. Funny how them bad ones stick with you over the years. If my dad would have yelled more maybe I would be a smarter guy today. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Hydraulic experts needed !!! #13  
Load checks keep cyls in position when spring returns spool to neutral. To check cyls and spools, swap hoses for problem function up to spool who's cyl is functioning properly and hook properly working function to the problem's spool. If the problem moves, it's the spool- if it''s still the same it would be cyl.

Good luck,
Mac

/ Hydraulic experts needed !!! #14  
Have you had the loader off recently? If the bucket worked fine plumbed into the lift side fine, I would check and make sure you don't have the hoses hooked up backwards. Some valves will not work properly if the hoses are backwards, (you would expect the function to work opposite if the hoses were switched) due to internal machining/valving.

/ Hydraulic experts needed !!! #15  
It could also be a quick-connect spring. I had a problem with the lift circuit on my loader where the spring in the quick-connect came loose on the lift side of the boom. The oil could flow in one direction (boom down) but not the other. The failed quick-connect was acting like a one-way (check) valve.

Thought it was the cylinder, then the control valve because the problem stayed on that circuit. I called the dealer and an experienced technician there diagnosed it over the phone in 30 seconds. An hour drive later to pick up the new quick-connect part and I was back in business.

- Rick