Hydrauluc Filter change on a Ventrac 4500Y

/ Hydrauluc Filter change on a Ventrac 4500Y #1  

Bearsden

Tractor
Kubota BX1500, Ventrac 4500Y
Hydraulic Filter change on a Ventrac 4500Y

Ours just hit two years this past Saturday and we are now having a problem with sluggish steering and implement lifting. Trouble shooting is indicating a need for Hydraulic filter replacement. The manual says take it to the dealer. Is this really true or can this be done by the owner?

Last edited:
   / Hydrauluc Filter change on a Ventrac 4500Y #2  
Re: Hydraulic Filter change on a Ventrac 4500Y

Video - Ventrac 45 Tractor Hydraulic System Service

The video is for DYI. Download the current owners' manual to verify, but I believe the dealer service with the special filter pump is only when opening the closed loop system such as when a repair is made. In two years at your large site, I am surprised that you would not have passed that first change long ago, it is 100 hours or so, right?

prs

/ Hydrauluc Filter change on a Ventrac 4500Y
Re: Hydraulic Filter change on a Ventrac 4500Y

......In two years at your large site, I am surprised that you would not have passed that first change long ago, it is 100 hours or so, right?

prs

Thank you! You done broke the code. We have found the enemy and it is the Operator's Manual.

Ours guys have been running with the Maintenance Schedule shown in the manual. The tractor was delivered 04/29/2015 and the manual provided at that time was dated 06/12/2014, Rev 05 and has no instructions for changing hydraulic filters. Its Maintenance Schedule also showed 1000 hours for the first hydraulic filter change. We're at 267 hours.

The current manual, which I downloaded is dated 11/17/2016 Rev 08 and has the complete instructions for the filter change. It also specified the first hydraulic filter change at 100 hours and then again at 500 hours along with fluid change. After that, 1000 hour intervals.

Thanks again and for the link to the video.