Hydrostatic whine cavation. Hoses higher than pump?

/ Hydrostatic whine cavation. Hoses higher than pump? #1  

Bub55

Tractor
Terramite t5c
T5c
Running machine without deck plate i can reach down and feel the pulsating in the line. This is a closed loop system one supply no return . Drive hoses are above pump and drive motor. My supply also is arched possibly trapping air.

Thinking of a 90* off drive motor forward and reverse and than i can run to the pump lower. Had anyone thought or tried this?

I have bypassed and cycled the pump to bleed but with lines higher pretty sure air still trapped

/ Hydrostatic whine cavation. Hoses higher than pump? #2  
Make sure the tank screen is not plugged up. Cavitation usually happens when the pump can't suck enough oil. The system flows fast enough that it should be able to self bleed and clear the air out. All hydros whine some, are you sure it's not just normal whine? If you can find the make and model stamped on the pump you may be able to find a manual for it on line, most have a troubleshooting section. Good luck

/ Hydrostatic whine cavation. Hoses higher than pump?
Thanks for getting back to me someone to bounce ideas off of helps so much.

Yes i had tank screen out in September not many hours on it since. There was metal on it from power steering pump failure. I cleaned it and flushed the tank while had it drained. No other sludge in tank.

At the same time i had bypass valve out of drive pump to replace the orings on it. Only wet spot on machine do not recall how much fliud came out nor at the time did i know it was a closed loop or i would have fully drained it.

Driving with out the deck plate off the drive hoses have a nasty vibration. Is that typical of the way the hydrostaic pump makes pressure? A pulsing? I see how the cartigages work so maybe im over reacting. But i see all the hoses are higher than pump and drive motor. I picked up 90's to come out of the drive motor and reroute the hoses lower while machine is drained to check screen again. I saw where some say to remove the screens all together not sure i want to untill i see no signs of the power steering pump! Hope that hasnt taken out my pumps!

Any other screens to go after?

/ Hydrostatic whine cavation. Hoses higher than pump? #4  
Hi

If the hoses are the way the factory made it, they shouldn't be the source of the problem. Be cautious 90deg fittings will add significant heat and our terramites are a little weak in the oil cooler dept(imo)

When adding 90s, use swept (bent tube type) fittings on hose ends or between adapters where possible. They cost more than drilled fittings... But that pump costs A LOT more!

Definitely be sure as you can there's no restrictions in screens or filter.

Find a shop that rents Terramites or allmand mini backhoes and listen to one to compare.

If your hoses are surging, visibly moving beyond general machine vibration... Could be the charge portion of the pump w air or beginning to fail.

/ Hydrostatic whine cavation. Hoses higher than pump?
Yea I was little worried about the 90*

Not to much room down there and I want to stay lower thab pump. Im on vaction next week and gonna try to drain check screens ans install 90 's. If makes difference ill get bent lines.

Are there any other screens you have come across or just tank supply?

/ Hydrostatic whine cavation. Hoses higher than pump? #6  
Don't know of any other screens. Good luck if I can help lmk.

/ Hydrostatic whine cavation. Hoses higher than pump? #7  
What type pump, rotary or piston; not familiar with Terramite. Piston pumps have more line vibration than rotary types. Like has been said, tractor system are self purging of air as they are not really closed systems; because the tanks are open to atmosphere. Way to tell is shut down and crack a fitting at the highest point, air will be obvious. Air leaks in the suction side of the pump and clogged strainers are the most cause of cavitation which also would cause the surging type vibration as the air bubbles through the lines. Check the fluid in your tank, air mixing into the oil will cause foaming which compounds the cavitation problem.

Ron

/ Hydrostatic whine cavation. Hoses higher than pump? #8  
Hey guys, have a similar whining sound as described in this thread, but only when I use the front loader cylinders. I changed out the hydro fluid and filter but reading this thread was not aware of the "tank screen". I have a Terramite T7 (2007), does anyone know where the screen would be located? My guess is the location with the arrow in the below photo's, which both point to the hydro fluid line coming out of the bottom of the tank going to the pump. Figure I would ask before draining the fluid and disconnecting...

Thanks in advance,
Ralph

Attachments

• Hydro.jpg
    Hydro.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 184
  • Hydro2.jpg
    Hydro2.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 176
Last edited: